Have you rented a Doppler?

Old October 25th 03, 10:00 PM
Carol Ann

Default Have you rented a Doppler?

Or purchased one? If so, which brand and did you like it?

~Carol Ann

Old October 25th 03, 10:23 PM
Sue

Carol Ann wrote in message
ink.net...
Or purchased one? If so, which brand and did you like it?
~Carol Ann

No, I would never buy or rent one. Imo, they are pretty useless (there is
only a small time frame that one could be used), pretty much a waste of
money, not proven safe for the babies in utero and may cause undo stress if
the heartbeat cannot be found if the placenta is in the way or baby is far
away. Sorry.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 26th 03, 12:40 AM
jjmoreta

Carol Ann wrote:
Or purchased one? If so, which brand and did you like it?

~Carol Ann

I decided against it, more from price than anything (we're pretty broke
right now due to the economy). I also thought about and decided that during
the time I would most be comforted by it (first trimester), it wouldn't work
anyways. By the time he got large enough to reliably hear (I'm rather
fluffy), I was feeling movement and kicks anyways.

And come to find out, I'm glad I decided against it. Ian *hates* dopplers
and ultrasounds! He has always squirmed away from them at the doctor's
office and kicked at them. I wouldn't want to put that stress on him just
for my own comfort.

If you get one, I've heard to rent them, as the ones they sell in the retail
stores don't work well at all.

- Joanne
#1 - 37w4d

Old October 26th 03, 08:08 AM
CY

I rented the Baby Beat (www.babybeat.com) and I loved it. It was not *that*
expensive for my peace of mind, and I returned it once I started feeling my
baby move (around 14-16ish weeks). I did not know there was any danger in
it, but have since learned that there could be (I was in pre-term labor at
25 wks, but went full-term in the end to deliver a healthy baby, so perhaps
it contributed?).
ink.net...