Dumb Question for Ericka, Larry.. or heck any one of you smart people.

Old July 25th 04, 04:43 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Dumb Question for Ericka, Larry.. or heck any one of you smartpeople.

Tori M. wrote:

here is my question is it possible that my water broke while I was in the
whirl pool thingy? Would I have noticed it?

I think it's possible, but I doubt it. I think you
would have noticed.

I am asking this because the
OB that I am seeing tomorrow mentioned something about my placenta maybe not
making enough amniotic fluid with Bonnie at the end and I dont know how much
I should worry about it this time... I know none until I know there is a
problem. Jeff said that the placenta looked small to him but I dont know
how may placentas jeff has seen to compair it maybe this would be a good
question.. In general are placentas Bigger or smaller then the baby...
I am just hoping that this next appointment they will finaly have the
records from Bonnies birth at this hospital.. maybe I will request a copy of
my records this time.

The average placenta is about 22cm in diameter, about
2.0-2.5 cm thick, and weighs about a pound. There is quite a
bit of normal variation, though. Thinner placentas are associated
with IUGR.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 25th 04, 04:46 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Tori M. wrote:

I was wondering if you and Ericka abandoned us *sniff*

Sorry, I should have said something, but it was
crazy busy for me. I was away on vacation for a week.
I thought I could post while away because the hotel had
wireless internet access, but I had forgotten that my
news feed only works with restricted address spaces, so
my IP address while away didn't allow me to get to news.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 5th 04, 08:48 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Tori M.
writes
The ultrasound tech at the last ultrasound I had mentioned that I was
low on fluid and asked if I had been leaking and I said not to my
knowlage.. that was at 34 weeks or so. They never mentioned anything
more about it though.

If you were low on fluid that far before the birth, it's more likely
that the baby wasn't making enough rather than that you leaked -
especially given the small placenta. If she was going a bit short of
blood, she wouldn't have been peeing as much in the uterus and wouldn't
have had as much fluid around her. This can be a sign that the baby
isn't growing well, and doctors will therefore keep an eye on this.
However, it obviously didn't do Bonnie any lasting harm, which is the
important thing. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
dumb question about church Karen P General 44 September 29th 03 02:59 PM
Dumb first time mom question :) Donna General 7 July 28th 03 03:29 PM