antifungal spray for diaper rash?

Old August 3rd 04, 11:07 AM
Jenrose

Default antifungal spray for diaper rash?

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Jenrose wrote:

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message

Honey38ch wrote:

When Joshua got diaper rash, I put a little of that antifungal spray

for
athlete's foot on my finger and touched it on his rash. It really

worked. But

is it safe? Has anybody else tried this, and are there reasons not to?
Honey

Have you tried tea tree oil? A few drops mixed into your usual baby
cream or even neat on areas is an amazing antifungal.

Allergy-prone families may want to avoid using tea tree oil neat. Direct
application is the fastest way I know to a tea tree allergy. (got one
myself...)
Jenrose

Interesting your the first person I've met with an allergy to that, it
must be awful going through life allergic to so many things, I was
reading your food thread, poor you that must suck.

Normally it's just not a huge hairy deal. I just avoid the things I'm
allergic to. But every once in a while it just drives me absolutely bananas.

Jenrose

Old August 3rd 04, 03:57 PM
Leslie

Interesting your the first person I've met with an allergy to that

Add me--I tried tea tree oil deodorant and couldn't take it, which was a shame
since it's the only natural kind I've found that worked at all. :-(

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old August 3rd 04, 03:59 PM
Leslie

Honey asked:

I put a little of that antifungal spray for
athlete's foot on my finger and touched it on his rash. It really worked.
But
is it safe? Has anybody else tried this, and are there reasons not to?

If he has a yeasty rash, you absolutely should use some sort of anti-fungal.
Any of the OTC creams are fine. The spray is fine too as long as you apply it
the way you have been and don't spray it directly on.

Old August 4th 04, 02:24 AM
Kaybee

Honey,
Eva use to get extremely bad diaper rash and I use to use lotramin (sp?) but
is is the same thing as you have used. You only use it 2 to 3 times a day.
This is what the doc told me. Also try bag balm.....it works wonders...you
can find it in the animal section since farmers usually use it for the
cows....this is perfectly safe. If you also let the bum air out this helps
too.

Good luck
Kay
Mommy to Eva Sept 2002
one on the way Jan 2005

Old August 4th 04, 02:54 AM
Manda

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 02:37:36 GMT, "New York Jen"
wrote:

"Honey38ch" wrote in message
When Joshua got diaper rash, I put a little of that antifungal spray for
athlete's foot on my finger and touched it on his rash. It really worked.

But
is it safe? Has anybody else tried this, and are there reasons not to?
Honey

If you're not comfortable using that, there is a great line of products
someone on MKB told me about when I thought Lily had a yeast rash as a very
young newborn. It's called California Baby. You can get it online, not
sure which *real* stores carry it. Their products have tea tree oil and
some other ingredient that are natural antifungals and safe for babies. I
ended up buying a lot more stuff from them and I've always been happy. And
no, I don't work for the company! Just really like their products.

www.californiababy.com

I think I'm probably the one that told you about California Baby. I've
found that you can buy them at Whole Foods (a *real* store). They have
those just about everywhere, I think. They make really great baby
wash, too!

Manda

Old August 6th 04, 12:40 AM
Honey38ch

Thanks everyone. I use the spray only when Josh gets the really red and shiny
rash, and then only one application. I get the results 12+ hours later.

I like the tip about the tea tree oil - I'll try it sometime (cautiously).
Honey