Movement monitor question

Old August 4th 04, 08:17 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

Default Movement monitor question

So I've been looking at Angelcare monitors on eBay, only to discover that
there are actually two different manufacturers making a monitor with this
name. I like the sound of the Safety 1st monitor, because it has a visual
cue for the baby's movements; but the BebeSounds monitor is the only one
I've seen reviews for (all quite good).

Jody, wasn't it you who had one of these? Do you mind me asking which one?
And if anybody has comments on the Safety 1st monitor, good or bad, I'd
love to hear them!

TIA,

Liz & Emily (5/25/04)

--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old August 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
shixa wrote:
The only thing I've heard is that they can sometimes be *too*
sensitive therefore going off and have parents jumping unnecessarily.
Although, there could be settings to keep this sort of thing from
happening.

I've heard this too, mostly on the Amazon reviews of the BebeSounds
monitor. It seems to happen with kids who move around a lot in the
crib and end up outside the range of the pad. It's one of the
reservations I have about getting one - false alarms will make me
crazier than getting up every hour, I think!

Liz & Emily (5/25/04)

Old August 5th 04, 12:44 AM
Welches

Elizabeth H Bonesteel wrote in message
In article ,
shixa wrote:
The only thing I've heard is that they can sometimes be *too*
sensitive therefore going off and have parents jumping unnecessarily.
Although, there could be settings to keep this sort of thing from
happening.

I've heard this too, mostly on the Amazon reviews of the BebeSounds
monitor. It seems to happen with kids who move around a lot in the
crib and end up outside the range of the pad. It's one of the
reservations I have about getting one - false alarms will make me
crazier than getting up every hour, I think!

Liz & Emily (5/25/04)
--

I've the Johnsons &Johnson's one. I love it. Used it with #1 until she
moved into her bed at 2.5. Had less than a dozen alarms (other than when I

Old August 5th 04, 12:45 AM
Welches

shixa wrote:
[...]

seconds-wouldn't be woken by hoovering under her bed... 2 flashes every
second-move quietly!
Oh... and I also like the themperature appearing on the parent monitor.
Debbie

Old August 5th 04, 12:47 AM
Welches

Welches wrote in message