Maternity clothes in US

Old January 27th 05, 12:00 AM
A&G&K&H

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:05:19 +1000, A&G&K&H wrote:

.. but all of that being a few thousand kilometres from you probably is
no help.

We have a Target store right around the corner, and a big one only a few
miles away. I really hadn't thought of them carrying maternity clothes,
but I'll check it out!

Sounds like the US Target might carry different styles to here from what
Jenrose has said.

I'm really just happy to read this post - you seem to be in such a great
state of mind.

Yes, today is a good day! I feel great, which means I'm sick, tired and
hungry all the time ;-)

.... and again I say how *happy* I am that you are feeling so sick and tired.

Can you get a copy of "Up the Duff" by Kaz Cooke? I really think that it
would help you through these first weeks (if not the entire pg). Its
written in diary form and is a real laugh and gives good info at the same
time.
I can remember reading about morning sickness in one of the early chapters
.... the character "Hermione" whose pg you follow says:

"Why do the preggo books just say: ' Eat dry crackers before you get out of
bed in the morning'? I mean, that's not very informative, is it? They might
as well say: 'Sacrifice a chicken and study its entrails. An interestingly
shaped spleen means you will continue to have nausea until the thirteenth
week.'
[My naturopath] says, 'Don't worry, nausea means the baby is hanging on in
there. If it stopped suddenly THAT would be a worry because it could mean
miscarriage.'
Nausea stops suddenly for a whole day. Oh my God.
Nausea starts again. Thank God.
Bloody nausea."

Each week starts off with a page or two from Hermione's diary on her moods,
feelings fears etc (all hilariously expressed) and then it is followed up
with actual useful information in the rest of the chapter. It really helped
me through those first scary weeks and gave me a good laugh as well.

hugs
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old January 31st 05, 10:11 PM
Jamie Clark

Have you tried Gap Maternity or Old Navy Maternity? I believe you can get
both online, and then return them to any Gap or Old Navy store if they don't
fit right. Might be worth a try. I'm guessing neither would be frilly or
pastel-y...

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
Girls, this is serious ;-) I looked all over the stores and online to find
some nice maternity clothes. I have a couple of pants, but I would like to
have some nice shirts and something fancy to dress up. So far *everything*
I have found is either soft pink or frilly or both. I ran away screaming
when I even looked at the window displays in most stores. The one store
that I knew to have nice outfits had disappeared from the mall.

I browsed online, found one or two nice shirts, but that's it. These
shirts are horribly expensive (think $100+ for 1 shirt) and most don't
come in XL either (I'm tall, so I need that for length).

I'm desperate. Anyone here know of a good store (east-coast US) or online
store that might sell nice clothes? My style is colourful (bright colours,
as much as you can fit on a sinlge item), but straight forward without too
many frills (no lace or such for me).

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)