Shopping Cart Liners ~ Opinions

Old September 25th 04, 03:50 PM
Carol Ann

Default Shopping Cart Liners ~ Opinions

Which one do you use and/or recommend?

--
~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge
http://tinyurl.com/66bvu ---Recent Pictures of Morgan

Old September 25th 04, 04:00 PM
Dagny

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
news:lBf5d.109400$MQ5.10457@attbi_s52...
Which one do you use and/or recommend?

None, if it's too awful you can pick another or wipe it off with a wet wipe
from your diaper bag.

I belive in exposing kids to SOME germs.

If I had all these accessories, I would spend my whole life trying to find
them and/or keep them clean. I fail at this plenty with the stuff I have.

-- Dagny

Old September 25th 04, 04:21 PM
Karen

I don't have it yet, but this is the one I plan on getting:
http://tinytots.com/shopping/health_...n_shopper.html
THE CLEAN SHOPPER

-Karen, mom to Henry 4 and William 5 months-

Old September 25th 04, 04:26 PM
Not My Real Name

"Dagny" wrote in message

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Which one do you use and/or recommend?

None, if it's too awful you can pick another or wipe it off with a wet
wipe
from your diaper bag.

I belive in exposing kids to SOME germs.

Likewise. When DD was really little, if I wasn't slinging her or otherwise
carrying her, I used my own infant seat, rather than the ones that are on
the store shopping carts. When she was in the really mouthy stage, I would
often wipe off the handle and the buckle things, because those do get pretty
icky sometimes. Oh, and in that really mouthy stage, I did have a little
cover to put over the shopping cart handle that I used sometimes (when I
could remember it, lol), some to keep germs away, but mostly because I
didn't want her bumping her mouth/teeth on the hard cart handle. The cover
was a bit softer. Nowadays, I pick one that looks pretty decent and don't
generally worry about it. DD has been remarkably healthy so far. I've
known kids whose parents were neurotic about wiping everything, shopping
carts, the kids' hands after they went anywhere, etc., etc., and those kids
were really healthy too, but the second they hit preschool with a lot of
other kids (and more responsibility for their own hygiene), it was cold
after cold after cold. Frankly, I'd rather spread it out a bit if
possible -- a cold here or there when she's young (and easier to comfort)
than a whole ton in a row, but we shall see what happens.

--
-Sara
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Old September 25th 04, 04:27 PM
Linz

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:50:57 GMT, "Carol Ann"
wrote:

Which one do you use and/or recommend?

What are they?
--
Linz
YB: 9.5 months, 9.4kgs - 20lbs 12oz, 71cm
Old September 25th 04, 04:28 PM
Sophie

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Which one do you use and/or recommend?

--
~Carol Ann

Sorry but I roll my eyes (to myself) whenever I see a mom using one of
those.
If the baby can't sit, wedge it with your purse (I did with Patrick).
If it's cos of germs, wipe the handle, and get over it.

Old September 25th 04, 05:49 PM
Allen and Sara

LOL Sophie I do the same thing!! To me they seem a little over the top,
plus I can barely remember to bring my purse with me, lot alone the cart
cover. Our kids are exposed to solo many germs everyday and my older two
have never had a problem with getting sick. Plus they are not cheap...just
another way for people to make money if you ask me f)
Best,

--
Sara wife to DH Allen &
Proud mommy to 3 *amazing* kids...

Old September 25th 04, 06:08 PM
Beach mum

"Sophie" wrote
"Carol Ann" wrote
Which one do you use and/or recommend?

--
~Carol Ann

Sorry but I roll my eyes (to myself) whenever I see a mom using one of
those.
If the baby can't sit, wedge it with your purse (I did with Patrick).
If it's cos of germs, wipe the handle, and get over it.

I used one because although E could sit, she was very squiggly and the one I
have held her in tight. A purse (or more likely, my diaper bag) would have
squished her and would have held her in place as well. I wasn't so worried
about the germs since she licks the playground equipment, but having her
held securely gave me piece of mind.

I can't find what I got online, but I bought it for about $11 (US) at BRU
when E was about six months old and was a bit heavy for me to keep her in a
Baby Bjorn, able to sit on her own but too squiggly (i.e. she moved around a
lot) to be held in by the flimsy straps in shopping carts.
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old September 25th 04, 06:20 PM
CY

Hmm, well I used one because the carts in Arizona are REALLY hot and would
burn my little one when she was small. Plus she would suck on the handle
which when you are talking about grocery cart handles and people handling
raw meat packages, I just felt it wasn't sanitary. We used the Floppy Seat
and I just would keep it in the truck. No big deal...

Old September 25th 04, 06:36 PM
Sara

Sophie wrote:

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Which one do you use and/or recommend?

Sorry but I roll my eyes (to myself) whenever I see a mom using one of
those.

You've spotted them in the wild? I've seen them in that Paranoid Parents
Today catalogue (a.k.a. One Step Ahead), but never in real life.