Good company support

Old October 27th 03, 06:49 PM
jmm_ny

Default Good company support

I wanted to share an interesting tidbit that I got from the
administrator of our Nursing Mother's Program (NMP) here at work. I
work for Kodak and I was flabbergasted to find out that they give all
women who work for the company and have a baby a brand new Pump In
Style breastpump! They also provide locked pumping rooms and offer a
discount on breastfeeding supplies (like bags, etc)at a local medical
supply shop. After I had my baby and nursing was established, I sent
an email to the woman who runs the program. I received a packet of
info in the mail that contained a purchase order for the local medical
supply shop. I took the P.O down there and they handed me a PIS!

My DS just turned one recently, and I got an email from the
adminstrator of the program (Deb). She asked if I was still
nursing/pumping and if I wanted to share my thoughts about the NMP
program. I sent an email back that I was still nursing and let her
know how wonderful I thought the program was. She sent another note
back asking me if I would share with her when I decide to wean. She
said that based on the information she has gathered, Kodak moms wean
much later than both the national and regional averages! (she didn't
give specific data) How cool is that? I found it interesting what an
effect good company support can have for working moms!

Back to lurkdom...

Joanne M.
Mom to Nathan - 09/28/02

Old October 27th 03, 09:04 PM
Serenity

May I forwrd your message to a breastfeeding group I belong to please?
Serenity

Old October 28th 03, 01:47 PM
jmm_ny

"Serenity" serenity@nospamserenitynyespam off.fslife.co.uk wrote in message ...
May I forwrd your message to a breastfeeding group I belong to please?
Serenity

Absolutely. I actually posted to m.k.p by mistake. I meant to post
it to misc.kids.breastfeeding. So, maybe my mistake worked out!

Joanne M.
Mom to Nathan - 09/28/02
Old October 29th 03, 12:56 AM
Em

"jmm_ny" wrote in message
snip
How cool is that? I found it interesting what an
effect good company support can have for working moms!

That is *so* neat! What a good program and good results!

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03