kid nosebleed

Old December 5th 06, 06:36 PM posted to misc.kids
ET

Default kid nosebleed

Dear all,

Our youngest daughter (2 1/2 year old) has a nosebleed problem, it can be
during the night when she sleeps or throught the day. It is not very often
but I remember it happened some 5 or 6 times already. Is it a serious
problem that we should go to see the doctor? Thank you.

ET

Old December 5th 06, 06:46 PM posted to misc.kids
user

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:36:42 +0100, ET wrote:
Dear all,

Our youngest daughter (2 1/2 year old) has a nosebleed problem, it can be
during the night when she sleeps or throught the day. It is not very often
but I remember it happened some 5 or 6 times already. Is it a serious
problem that we should go to see the doctor? Thank you.

The vast majority of us are not doctors, and we can't see her from here.

Honestly, if you want medical advice, ask a medical doctor. It
could be as simple as dryness. It could be more serious. We have
no way of telling.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Old December 5th 06, 06:51 PM posted to misc.kids
Rose Garten

ET wrote:
Dear all,

Our youngest daughter (2 1/2 year old) has a nosebleed problem, it can be
during the night when she sleeps or throught the day. It is not very often
but I remember it happened some 5 or 6 times already. Is it a serious
problem that we should go to see the doctor? Thank you.

ET

Call your dr and ask what he thinks.

DD7 has had a problem with nosebleeds for quite awhile now. she does
have asthma and is on singulair. I spoke to her dr about this and he
did some blood work on her. Not sure exactly what he checked but he
said everything came back normal. He satated that if I felt the
sinulair was the problem we could take her off of it. I decide to keep
her on it as I don't feel the nosebleeds are that big of a deal. She
hasn't had one for a couple of months but they will likely start again
as the house air dries out with wintertime. Both my mother and I are
prone to nosebleeds so it may be partially genetic also.

We keep a humidifier in her room to help with the dry air and we have
saline gel to put in her nose. We especially make sure she uses it when
traveling by air. The dry plane air and change in pressure can cause
nosebleeds also. We have also taught her to remain calm and to ask for
help if she is not with us. She recently had a nosebleed at school and
the teacher wasn't even aware of it until DD ask to go to the rest room
to clean her hands afterwards. I did tell her that she needs to let the
teacher know even if she is handling it herself.

Old December 5th 06, 07:01 PM posted to misc.kids
ET

Thank you very much. I don't think it is a big issue either, by the way it
maybe connected with the dry air indoors at the winter time.

ET

Old December 5th 06, 07:12 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"ET" wrote in message
. ..
Dear all,

Our youngest daughter (2 1/2 year old) has a nosebleed problem, it can be
during the night when she sleeps or throught the day. It is not very often
but I remember it happened some 5 or 6 times already. Is it a serious
problem that we should go to see the doctor? Thank you.

Nosebleeds can be caused by so many things, from the benign to the serious.
Like everyone else said, you should ask the doctor. Just my personal slant:
Does she have asthma or nasal allergies that is being treated by chance?
The steroid inhalers cause terrible nosebleeds for my kids. The steroid
inhalers have also been a problem (they use the aerochamber with mask, so
they inhale the steroid through the nose).

Old December 5th 06, 08:38 PM posted to misc.kids
shinypenny

ET wrote:
Thank you very much. I don't think it is a big issue either, by the way it
maybe connected with the dry air indoors at the winter time.

Make sure she isn't picking her nose. I'm serious! My DD had a nasty
nosebleed problem - we tried everything, vaseline, allergy meds,
humidifiers, etc. Turned out she was picking her nose and that's what
was causing it to bleed. As soon as she stopped, no more nose bleeds!!

jen