12 Week Scan

Old May 23rd 08, 10:15 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

Default 12 Week Scan

Hi all

As it's so quiet at the moment, I just thought I'd give you an update on my
scan yesterday.

All was fine with the baby. It was super wriggly, bouncing around, rolling
over and waving - looks like I might end up with another loopy kid! More
importantly, there's just one in there! They agreed with my dates (now
12w2d) and confirmed my EDD as 3rd December.

I also saw a midwife at the hospital. I mentioned that I'm getting a lot of
pain and cramp in my calves - which I didnn't get last time until I was
about 7/8 months gone. She reminded me that this time I'm working lots
(wasn't working at all last time) and that I've got a toddler and lots of
animals to look after, and that maybe I need to put my feet up a bit more. I
also bought some gorgeous new flat sandals (like I needed the excuse! )
and that helped quite a bit. I have the next scan in 8-10 weeks, and we
should find out the sex then.

To be honest, I'm not desperate to know the sex, but DH is.... and I haven't
much room to argue, as last time I was desperate to know, and he didn't want
to, but agreed for me! He's already impatient to find out, and to stop
calling the baby 'it'! ("10 weeks? but that's aaaaaages! Big kid!)

Jessie loved being at the scan, and as soon as we told her it was a baby,
she was really excited. She's not old enough to understand that the baby's
in mummy's tummy yet (she'll be two next month), but she liked watching the
monitor

Oh well, I hope you're all well, and that those with bumps are also growing
well. Last time I was pregnant, there were loads of expectant mummies on
here, hope we find some more soon!

Lucy x

Old May 24th 08, 12:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

lu-lu schrieb:
Hi all

As it's so quiet at the moment, I just thought I'd give you an update on my
scan yesterday.

All was fine with the baby. It was super wriggly, bouncing around, rolling
over and waving - looks like I might end up with another loopy kid! More
importantly, there's just one in there! They agreed with my dates (now
12w2d) and confirmed my EDD as 3rd December.

YAY! I'm glad you finally got the scan and you "sound" a lot better :-)

cu
nicole
Old May 25th 08, 06:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sarah Vaughan

lu-lu wrote:
Hi all

As it's so quiet at the moment, I just thought I'd give you an update on my
scan yesterday.

All was fine with the baby. It was super wriggly, bouncing around, rolling
over and waving - looks like I might end up with another loopy kid!

Brilliant news! I'm so glad it's all going well.

Oh well, I hope you're all well, and that those with bumps are also growing
well. Last time I was pregnant, there were loads of expectant mummies on
here, hope we find some more soon!

Goodness, yes - it would be great if this could go back to being an
actual discussion group instead of a spam dump.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell

Old May 26th 08, 12:01 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Glad to hear everything's going well! We generally just get the 18-20 week
scan here in Canada, unless there is some reason to do more. I had mine the
beginning of May. Got the confirmation that I was having another girl. (I
just knew it anyway, but confirmation is needed before shopping :-))

I'd love to see more discussion as well, I just mostly lurk these days, and
delete the spam periodically.

Heather

Old May 26th 08, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"lu-lu" wrote in message
[...]

Glad to hear all's well.
How's your dh going to cope when baby has his/her legs crossed! Or maybe
they'll get it wrong! :-)
Debbie

Biparietal Diameter / 20 week scan per_sonal via FamilyKB.com Pregnancy 14 February 3rd 07 10:15 PM
20 week scan - more questions than answers Robert Powell Pregnancy 36 February 28th 05 02:10 PM
First Scan Kazh Pregnancy 18 October 16th 04 04:50 PM
20 Week Update & Scan lea-b Pregnancy 4 November 30th 03 04:00 AM
20 week scan - is it exactly the same for a boy or girl ? John Pregnancy 1 November 4th 03 10:01 AM