Need a couple of ideas and resources

Old September 23rd 04, 07:34 PM
Joelle

Nope. Not you. Actually, knowing how much it would annoy you, I won't
pray
for you :-)

But whilst your down on your knees :-O

In your dreams.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 24th 04, 03:29 AM
Cele

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:28:44 -0600, "slykitten"
wrote:

snip
To be honest, I have to agree that it's cruel to use meds as a way to deal a
blow. I'm not exactly the first to admit when I've got a problem, especially
a mental health issue.... but to be honest.... especially with myself....
medications have kept me going in the last couple of months..... Especially
considering how high my anxiety level had gotten after my son ended up in
the hospital. I believe that with the right therapy, the right meds and the
right kind of support, a person can actually feel better and in general do
better. The only reason I agreed to put myself on meds is because I had to
realize that I wasn't able to be an effective parent until I felt better.
Our kids learn from us. they also learn their denial patterns from us. I'm
trying to teach my son that it's ok to accept who you are for you because
it's what makes us one of a kind, flaws and strengths and all.... sometimes
our flaws are our biggest strengths and what we believe our biggest
strengths are really the flaws we don't allow ourselves to see. Ahh well,
I've rambled on enough....

There are a *lot* of people who are hit with enough life stresses that
their neurochemistry gets realigned. This generation is described as
the highest stressed generation ever, based on quite a number of
different evaluation techniques. It all started with electricity....

Anyway. I applaud you for doing what you need to do to be as healthy
as you can, for both yourself and your kids. I've done the same - we
had a multi year run of truly nasty things happen in this family, and
I too have taken antidepressants. It's like any other medication:
inappropriate if it's not necessary or if it's for a misdiagnosed
condition, and extremely helpful if it's properly applied. People have
a fixation on neurochemistry. People who think nothing of taking
insuliin for faulty pancreatic chemistry, somehow think that taking
antidepressants for faulty neurochemistry is some kind of indication
of a weak or flawed or faulty human being. I know that my daughter,
who has been through severe post traumatic stress disorder, really
took her own meds seriously when she saw that I took my health
seriously as well. So more power to you, and good luck with it all.

Cele
Old September 24th 04, 04:25 AM
CME

wrote:

[...]

Yeah medication can be just the thing needed to pull yourself out of a
downward cycle. Been there done that but I do admit it took me nearly
hitting rock bottom to finally fill the prescription. Whoa it was a rough
year, sooo glad it's over.

Christine

Old September 24th 04, 07:43 PM
denanson

"Joelle" wrote in message

Nope. Not you. Actually, knowing how much it would annoy you, I won't

pray
for you :-)

But whilst your down on your knees :-O

In your dreams.

Grown out of the wet ones I'm afraid ;-)

Has your son got to that age yet? Can be difficult for some parents to
explain.

Dennis

Old September 24th 04, 07:57 PM
Joelle

Grown out of the wet ones I'm afraid ;-)

Has your son got to that age yet?

He's old enough that I respect him enough not to discuss that here : )

Old September 24th 04, 11:37 PM
CME

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message

Nope. Not you. Actually, knowing how much it would annoy you, I
won't
pray
for you :-)

But whilst your down on your knees :-O

In your dreams.

Grown out of the wet ones I'm afraid ;-)

Has your son got to that age yet? Can be difficult for some parents to
explain.

Dennis

What age is this so I can prepare?

Christine

Old September 25th 04, 01:08 AM
Betsy

"Joelle" wrote in message

Nope. Not you. Actually, knowing how much it would annoy you, I
won't
pray
for you :-)

But whilst your down on your knees :-O

In your dreams.

Grown out of the wet ones I'm afraid ;-)

Has your son got to that age yet? Can be difficult for some parents to
explain.

Dennis

What age is this so I can prepare?

Christine

I believe Dennis is referring to puberty. The age differs for each child.

Betsy

Old September 25th 04, 02:10 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message

Nope. Not you. Actually, knowing how much it would annoy you, I
won't
pray
for you :-)

But whilst your down on your knees :-O

In your dreams.

Grown out of the wet ones I'm afraid ;-)

Has your son got to that age yet? Can be difficult for some parents to
explain.

Dennis

What age is this so I can prepare?

Christine

I believe Dennis is referring to puberty. The age differs for each child.

Betsy

Doesn't masturbation start at a younger age though? That's why I'm asking,
I have no idea about some of these things. I mean just last weekend my son
was kicked in the balls and the pain seemed to go away. Then the next night
he complained of it really hurting. So I asked some friends about it
because geez I don't know and I didn't want to go to the doctor if it was
just a normal post-sacking dilemma. So my Dad said check to see if he's
swollen.... well thankfully I have twins so a quick look at them both showed
that yes indeedy things were um not quite right. They'll have to learn to
guard their bits a bit more in the future.

Christine