help-- i am using SO many diapers!

Old July 9th 03, 06:57 AM
Plissken

Default help-- i am using SO many diapers!

"Pamela Perkins" wrote in message
m...
dear all,

i am wondering if something is wrong. my 3 month old is going through
approx 125 cotton diapers per week!!! TOday I called to up my order to 130
and the customer service rep asked me if I have twins at home!

My daughter is breast-fed and is in the 90% for weight and 75% for height.

ACK!

Pam

Have you considered getting some disposable liners? They let the moisture
through but not back up. I use them and I think they are great. Costs about
$5 for a roll of 100. At night I use two in the cloth diaper and she can go
longer without a change. I only use about 12 cloth diapers (at the most) a
day.

Nadene

Old July 9th 03, 07:23 AM
H Schinske

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:35:03 GMT, "Pamela Perkins"
wrote:

I should mention that they are mostly pee diapers ;-)

pam

The diaper services do not necessarily like this, but if it's just a pee diaper
it is easy to wash yourself. The poopy ones aren't that bad either when the
baby is so young. In other words you could do a load or so of pee diapers
yourself mid-week, and cut your diaper service way down.

But check your contract -- I have had several different diaper services over
the years and some put strong objections in to customers washing their own,
while at least one said nothing about it.

You could also consider using fleece liners to wick the moisture away from the
baby.

--Helen