SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MY TODDLER & ME!!!!

Old June 19th 04, 06:15 AM
HWBossHoss

Default SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MY TODDLER & ME!!!!

I have a 27-month-old son. He used to go to sleep at night quite easily.
About 4 months ago, we noticed that he would wake up once or twice in the
middle of the night and cry. Aggravating, but not really a big deal, since we
could give him a bottle or a sippy cup of juice and he would be asleep again in
no time.

Well, the past couple of weeks this "non-standard" sleep pattern has been
GREATLY magnified. He has *never* been what you would call a good sleeper
(nights where he sleeps all the way through have been rare ever since he was
about a year and a half old), but now when he goes to bed, he sleeps for maybe
an hour or so and then he wakes up and cries, quickly followed by
****SCREAMS**** for us to come to him. I'm not talking about your average
crying or sobbing, I'm talking about actual hysterical screaming and thrashing
around.

When we go in there to see what the matter is, he always wants to leave the
room with us. We can stay in there with him OR he can leave the room with us,
but we CANNOT leave the room without him. He simply doesn't seem to want to go
to sleep anymore, and he doesn't want to stay in his room, and it's really
driving us both completely crazy. It is starting to affect our marriage, not
to mention our health.

As I type this, it is 1:00 in the morning and he has been on the floor in his
room, SCREAMING for almost 30 minutes. We have tried everything over the
course of these past couple of weeks...rocking him, reading to him, letting him
sleep with us, preventing him from having a nap during the day so he will be
more tired at night...even sleeping on the floor in his room...but NOTHING will
stop this horrible nightmare that we ALL go through, every single night.

He sleeps OK unless he wakes up, and then all hell breaks loose. He doesn't
seem to be able to just snuggle up and fall back asleep. If he wakes up, he is
UP, and no amount of tactics seem to be able to make him calm down enough to go
back to sleep until at least a couple of hours have passed.

Please, please, PLEASE--is there anything I can do or try to get my toddler to
go to sleep and STAY asleep? WE ARE ALL GOING OUT OF OUR MINDS.
Old June 19th 04, 07:56 AM
R. Steve Walz

HWBossHoss wrote:

[...]

-----------------------------
Your kid just grew a more aware mind. He has discovered FEAR!
This always happens about now.

You need to take him to bed with you and stop worrying.

Trying to put a 2 y/o in their own room alone and keeping them
there for some ungodly ridiculous reason is stupid.

In 6 months you'll almost wish he wanted to sleep with you.
But let him do it now so his emotional trust of you isn't stunted.
Steve
Old June 19th 04, 04:24 PM
Ironfist5687

STEVE WALZ DO NOT RESPOND!! YOUR ASS IS ON FILTER, BUT OTHERS DO NOT WANT TO
HEAR THE CRAP THAT YOU'D POST IN RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE!

KURT
Old June 19th 04, 04:33 PM
Mike Rosenberg

Ironfist5687 wrote:

STEVE WALZ DO NOT RESPOND!! YOUR ASS IS ON FILTER, BUT OTHERS DO NOT WANT
TO HEAR THE CRAP THAT YOU'D POST IN RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE!

Another great example of how you "ignore" him, John. Why are you so
obsessed with him anyway? Yeah, he chewed you out in March of 2002 when
you proposed some bizarre forms of parenting that constituted child
abuse, but so did everyone who responded to you. Why are you so
obsessed with HIM, John?

--
Mike Rosenberg
http://macconsult.com/diaperboy/ The John Wolf Fan Club
Old June 19th 04, 04:36 PM
Mike Rosenberg

Ironfist5687 wrote:

STEVE WALZ DO NOT RESPOND!! YOUR ASS IS ON FILTER, BUT OTHERS DO NOT WANT
TO HEAR THE CRAP THAT YOU'D POST IN RESPONSE TO THIS MESSAGE!

BTW, John, maybe you ought to remove the filter temporarily and read
Steve's response to the OP. I don't think you could consider it crap at
all.