It's a miracle !!!!!

Old October 1st 05, 12:26 PM
Bev

Default It's a miracle !!!!!

Excuse me while I rant a little.......
I am so so fed up and sick and tired of working through a system that
is just plain sicker than its clients. My daughter and I have suffered
through enough now. Where does a parent go for help? "the system" and
this system of doctors and organisations and hospitals and government
agencies,county agencies, schools, law enforcement , juvenile
probation,that are all a part of this "mental health system"
that we have been involved with for a solid four years now,I have
followed my child through some of the hardest learning experiences a
child would ever have to go through,Sometimes shielding her from a
system I myself do not have much trust in. She turned 18 "Ya know that
magical age" The one where children become "adults" yeah that age where
This system I am refering to also finds this magical occurance of
turning 18 years old as an instant cure for diagnosis'of bipolar,
intermittent explosive disorder, oppositional defiant disorder,learning
disabled, monocular vision,along with a few other things, all not a
reason for my daughter to collect her SSI ! For four years ahhh o.k.
three, took 'em a year to decide eligibility ,this has been the reason
she recieved the SSI, now they say she can work, o.k. yeah she may be
able to, but certainly not without vocational rehabilitation and
guidance. It is making me nuts anymore, dealing with all this. She has
finally started showing such wonderful improvement and is going back to
H.S after we get through the IEP meeting, to obtain her diploma, GED is
not appropriate for her because of the learning disabilities.I have put
in an appeal for her on the SSI and have obtained an aplication for the
vocational rehabilitation program for her, what part of "she has not
been open to any of this before and now that she is " don't "they"
understand?
They just wanna push push push her stress level, stress triggers her
episodes and maybe the person making these decisions needs to live with
her for a month or two. Anyway If you read me thanks , not looking for
sympathy or gold medals,venting feels good,I needed to lower -my-
stress level to get on with this day. I see that most of you are doing
o.k. I was very relieved "Rita" just tossled yer hair a little in the
end of it all "Houston",In my "Jersey girl " slang "dat wuz f'n scary"!
Hello everybody! Bev

Old October 1st 05, 05:00 PM
Bev

snipped my rant
Kate wrote:
I don't know what to say other than, yeah. You're right. It isn't much
of a system and it sure isn't designed to make it easy to apply.

Bev wrote:
Ugh...I can understand that they need to watch for fraud and what not,
but this is a kid that just tuned 18 what less than a month ago, and
boom "go to work" is what they have to say. Heck she dropped out of
school the beggining of the school year because of her issues making
social situations a free for all. She is trying to transition into
learning to function with these issues in a working environment, and in
social situations, It is freakin' hard enough for young adults without
"Issues" to learn to become financially independant of their parents.

Kate wrote:
For what it's worth, keep fighting for what your daughter needs.

Bev wrote:
You know it is worth a lot ! Thanks knowing and acknowledging the
fight. Some people have no idea what this is like.

Kate wrote:
How'd things go with your other daughter?

Bev wrote:
My other and oldest daughter did walk the walk and talk the talk while
I was there. I knew better than to do it all for her, so I did more
encouraging and supporting her to make appointments and helped find
places that could maybe help her with the financial no insurance
thing.It was a short week , I helped her sign out of school for a
quarter ( but there are still things undone !) Medical leave needs
paperwork !
Things she was supposed to work on after I left have been lagging. She
is starting to talk crap again and I am telling her to just go to the
ER and she keeps saying I do not have the money ! I tell her she does
not need money to go to the ER and let what is going on known, they can
and will find her the financial medical help she needs if they want to
get paid , but that they will not turn her away.I am at a loss , and if
I was smarter , and knew then what I do now, I would have taken her in
kicking and screaming "but I have no medical insurance !" I thought she
was stable enough at the point I left, to follow through. I don't know
what I am gonna do but I have been thinking ...If I have to go back out
there It's gonna be from plane to Hospital ER. She is having such mood
swings it looks bipolar ?From a Happy camper to I am too tired ,all I
wanna do is sleep. She got her monthly while I was out there and I
kinda thought ah ha so that is why she had sounded so " In Crisis" just
before I decided I needed to go out there. Then she gave me the little
"thank god I thought I might be pregnant" Which made me swallow my
tongue! Them there is this Boyfriend about a year or so now her "First"
well he is a nut case . He makes her miserable, does not support her in
anything, will not include her in his outings with "friends" many of
them are female. Makes plans to do things with her then changes his
mind . I see it as totally abusive and very unhealthy and have tried
and tried to tell her she needs to let him go , hit the pike Mike ! (
his name is Wes) . So ugh ugh ugh argh argh and big scream ! I can not
find enough time in a day to cover everybody , I am torn in too many
directions am trying to find a job again, have my sister living with us
now ( very sick) it is that time and I had made this decision a very
long time ago. So what do I do ? I registered for online friggen school
and my classes start Oct 3rd I really want to do this for me darn it
and I feel scared now that I bit off too big a bite. Sorry I went off
on a tangent and off topic of my other daughter, she was doing alright
until she went and thought she needed a relationship damn it ! I wish
she had waited 'till she was done with school at least, now her whole
world seems to be spinning out of control.........Mari and I are
heading for Long Island to visit Sue S and Patty from GG ( remember
her?) I need to get outta here for a little. Bev

Old October 1st 05, 06:18 PM
Lisa

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
Excuse me while I rant a little.......

Hi there Bev!

I've been thinking of you since you left to spend some time with your
daughter on the t'other coast. I hear your pain as we research options
locally. So in this little part of Canada, it's tough to locate and
negotiate as well!! Not to say that there isn't help out there, it is
somehow and for some reason not very well promoted to the public so
accessibility bites.

What's up with all the friggen forms too! I don't see why someone from
these various agencies does not sit across the desk with you to fill them in
together. Things shouldn't be so cryptically disassociated. Politicians
suck at streamlining workflow.

I've been reading dellastella pizza chick. Wes is indeed a dink. More of a
Capital D Dink. There, that's more like it.

Aww, my honey just walked in.
Later!

Old October 2nd 05, 06:17 AM
Bev

On 1 Oct 2005 09:00:12 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

snipping everything

I hear ya. You have an awful lot going on... kinda the normal state of
affairs. I am sorry to hear about your sister's illness getting worse.
Man, does that suck.

I'm glad you're getting away for a little. I do remember the folks from

GG.

I wish Lorian was here. She would be a great resource for you. She's
worked so long and hard at pulling herself up with similar issues and
very little support. Do you want me to see if I can get in touch with
her?

'Kate

I am overwhelmed emotionally......It has been about 18 years since the
onset of the HIV infection, she has been full blown Aids for quite some
time , she is skin and bones, but bless her will to keep going.......I
need to be strong, been here before, sucks indeed. I love the ride from
PA to Long Island, not to long ,not to short, just the right "mental
health drive" and in between I get to spend some quality time with some
really good people, and I always get a nice big hug!

If you can get in touch with Lorian that would be great . I am open to
ideas and experience.
Thanks ! Bev

Old October 2nd 05, 07:02 AM
Bev

Hi there Bev!

Hello there Lisa !

I've been thinking of you since you left to spend some time with your
daughter on the t'other coast. I hear your pain as we research options

locally. So in this little part of Canada, it's tough to locate and
negotiate as well!! Not to say that there isn't help out there, it is
somehow and for some reason not very well promoted to the public so
accessibility bites.

Oh I know the help is there , and I am darn good at digging up the
bones they hide! I have been ravaging the Pennsylvania system for two
months now getting my sisters ducks in a row.........
Right down to door to door transportation for her for medical
appointments.

What's up with all the friggen forms too! I don't see why someone from

these various agencies does not sit across the desk with you to fill
them in
together. Things shouldn't be so cryptically disassociated.
Politicians
suck at streamlining workflow.

FORMS ! Tell me about that ! Since the onset of this SSI appeal we have
been sent three sets of exactly the same forms, same questions, wanting
and needing more information? Ahhhhh that would be really freakin
beautiful if the questions were multiple choice and we could choose a
different answer each time for the same stupid question about "how many
stairs do you climb to get into your house " and tell me what does that
have to do with a mental health disability ? LOL! No "They" can not
have my last brain cell !

I've been reading dellastella pizza chick. Wes is indeed a dink. More
of a
Capital D Dink. There, that's more like it.

Oh Man is my daughter a peice of work or what? You know when she was
before "Wes" some of her entries were so wonderful to read, humorous
and witty , I would look forward to catching her next real life tale.
Lately I have seen that light go out, I try to talk to her and she is
getting nasty with me saying" I was having a kinda good day till you
had to ask me if I called the doctor today" She may be shutting me out,
she has not followed through with the arrangements, we had made when I
went out there. She fooled me into believing she was on her way to
helping herself.Now she treats me just tonight like the plague cause I
was asking her if she made the calls or picked up the Drs. note yet for
the school. I would like to reach my leg 3000 miles and kick her butt
for her . I'm getting kind of numb, I do not know what to do aside from
going back out there and insisting on a what is it ? 48 or 72 hour ?
Mental health eval. or observation or something? This just can not
continue, my last nerve needs a break. I was talking to Mari during our
drive to Long Island today and we agree my daughters issues and crisis
came about with the Boyfriend. Not the Social anxiety or depression,
she needs meds and she is refusing to utilize the means to get them.
No, before the relationship she took care of herself.I read she has the
lowest self esteem and self worth because this unhealthy relationship
is making her feel this way.Now I have told her this was how I felt and
she is shutting me out. What am I suppose to do ?

Aww, my honey just walked in.
Later!

sounds like there is someone sweet in your life ! enjoy

I am typing at 2 a.m. ugh good night Mary-ellen!

Old October 2nd 05, 03:07 PM
Bev

Thanks 'Kate ........I was just thinking....If Lorian would feel more
comfortable private e-mailing with me I think we would benefit better
without the "plague" that could set in here, if my memory of reading a
while back isn't failing me I rather not subject Lorian or I to that.
This suggestion is only out "here" for the obvious reason. Now how do I
go about having my e-mail known, google fudges it a little? I don't
want to just type it out here cause then I may get stuff I don't want.
Like porn Bev

Old October 2nd 05, 05:01 PM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 2 Oct 2005 07:07:52 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Thanks 'Kate ........I was just thinking....If Lorian would feel more
comfortable private e-mailing with me I think we would benefit better
without the "plague" that could set in here, if my memory of reading a
while back isn't failing me I rather not subject Lorian or I to that.

That's what I suggested when I emailed her. I'm not sure that the
address I have for her is current.

This suggestion is only out "here" for the obvious reason. Now how do I
go about having my e-mail known, google fudges it a little? I don't
want to just type it out here cause then I may get stuff I don't want.
Like porn Bev

oy. I get the penis enlargement emails.
hmmm.
Let me think on that and see if I get an answer from her, ok?

'Kate

LOL! really....I am perfectly happy with the size of my penis, those
emails would go totally to waste
yep o.k..... you think on that and I hope she left a conection open to
ya ! Bev

Old October 3rd 05, 03:07 PM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 2 Oct 2005 07:07:52 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Thanks 'Kate ........I was just thinking....If Lorian would feel more
comfortable private e-mailing with me I think we would benefit better
without the "plague" that could set in here, if my memory of reading a
while back isn't failing me I rather not subject Lorian or I to that.

That's what I suggested when I emailed her. I'm not sure that the
address I have for her is current.

Kate, Lorian has contacted me via e-mail, thanks , really means a lot
Bev

Old October 4th 05, 02:48 PM

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hey Bev!
Rant away. The number 18 slips through the cracks often. This is a trying
year for trying to obtain help for her. Push Bev and get creative in your
plight for resources for your daughter. Take care,

Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay.

Old October 5th 05, 02:35 PM
Bev

V wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...
Excuse me while I rant a little.......

Hey Bev!
Rant away. The number 18 slips through the cracks often. This is a trying
year for trying to obtain help for her. Push Bev and get creative in your
plight for resources for your daughter. Take care,

Mental Floss prevents Moral Decay.

Hello V Thanks for the "permission to rant" I rant well, this was
actually the PG version LOL! I have the foulest language when I reach
the rant stage. Have learnt (---- is that right? )to tone it down ,
get better results when I leave the Irish part of the temper out of
things . I have paperwork up the ying yang these days forms forms forms
, Starting a new job and I have a folder of forms for that too !
Ugh....and school, what the heck was I thinking ? My sister was
admitted to the hospital yesterday too I must go multi task, if I
am scarce it's because my life just went into 5th gear ! too too too
two two two to to to 222 Do I use the word too correctly?
school....... proper punctuation and grammar and spelling ...who me
freaking out? Bev