Chicken Pox

Old August 29th 03, 02:06 PM
Nat

Default Chicken Pox

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me with my question. I have a
5 year old that has the chicken pox and have just had a baby 14 days ago. I
am fully breastfeeding and am wondering if my newborn will be safe from
getting the chicken pox as I have had them before. Do they get antibodies
out of my milk because I have had it before.

Nat

Old August 29th 03, 03:10 PM
Rob and Laura

I think that the newborn could easliy get them. A friend of mine was in the
same situation, her daughter had them, she was fully breastfeeding, and her
newborn daughter ended up with the chicken poxs at a very young age, she was
not even 4 months old.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old August 29th 03, 08:51 PM
David&Wendy

If the pox is already exposed on your son and your 14 day old one hasn't
gotten them then he probably won't get them. But just check to be sure he
hasn't gotten exposed to them.
best of luck hope it helped you
mom of 4 now!!

Old August 29th 03, 11:48 PM
Sue

DD3 was 6 months old when she caught the chicken pox from my husband. She
was breastfed at that time.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Old August 30th 03, 01:58 AM
alissa

"Nat" wrote in message
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone can help me with my question. I have

5 year old that has the chicken pox and have just had a baby 14 days ago.

am fully breastfeeding and am wondering if my newborn will be safe from
getting the chicken pox as I have had them before. Do they get antibodies
out of my milk because I have had it before.

Nat

I can't answer that, but its highly contageous from 2 days before the spots
show until they crust over, then its about 2-3 week incubation period before
they show up after you have been exposed.
Alissa

Spousal Debate: Time to Oneself Sonnie B. General 259 May 26th 04 04:03 AM
mexico firefighter test write 123, turn on the water, jum General 0 March 25th 04 04:01 PM
what have I done? Mindy M General 47 December 20th 03 03:27 AM
Novel "In Search of Chicken Hawks. Pedophiles and the Internet." First 4 chapter, comments welcome. MAKFBINA176 General 0 December 19th 03 12:54 PM
Chicken pox Leah Adezio General (moderated) 1 July 4th 03 12:20 AM