ahhhh and just....

Old October 3rd 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default ahhhh and just....

where were you and what were you doing that the faq was posted a day
late? grin

care to elaborate Ms. Moon ?

Old October 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

I was knitting a nautie for my daughter.

it looks like this:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html

(the coiled one, the shell is light blue and darker blue)

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 02:11 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Moon Shyne wrote:
I was knitting a nautie for my daughter.

it looks like this:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html

(the coiled one, the shell is light blue and darker blue)

How cool are they ! I love it......."I was born in the sign of water
and it's there that I feel my best" or something like that! smile
It's a song .......ya know?

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

I'd of believed you if you hadn't grinned ! O.K. I'll believe you
anyway grin

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 02:14 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
I was knitting a nautie for my daughter.

it looks like this:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html

(the coiled one, the shell is light blue and darker blue)

How cool are they ! I love it......."I was born in the sign of water
and it's there that I feel my best" or something like that! smile
It's a song .......ya know?

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

I'd of believed you if you hadn't grinned ! O.K. I'll believe you
anyway grin

LOL!! it's true - though it isn't finished yet - i worked on and off all
day yesterday on the shell part, frogged it 2 or 3 times before I got it
looking right - tonight, it's the face, and then the tentacles.

Last weekend, it was a flying pig and a snail (crocheted)... we're a crafty
bunch around here

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
I was knitting a nautie for my daughter.

it looks like this:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html

(the coiled one, the shell is light blue and darker blue)

How cool are they ! I love it......."I was born in the sign of water
and it's there that I feel my best" or something like that! smile
It's a song .......ya know?

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

I'd of believed you if you hadn't grinned ! O.K. I'll believe you
anyway grin

LOL!! it's true - though it isn't finished yet - i worked on and off all
day yesterday on the shell part, frogged it 2 or 3 times before I got it
looking right - tonight, it's the face, and then the tentacles.

Tentacles.... that reminds me of a funny story my mom told me about the
time she went up to a fish department in the local store in Fort Worth
and asked the guy behind the counter if he had any Squid
testacles...honestly a true story! When they both realised what she
asked for, tears of laughter poured from both of them. I close to peed
myself when she told me the story.

Last weekend, it was a flying pig and a snail (crocheted)... we're a crafty
bunch around here

Not me I can't do that stuff, I have tried , even a latch hook mural of
roses that Gayle had started when she got sick for me that I so wanted
to finish for her , I just cant get it right :-(

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 04:09 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
[...]

Current list of projects:

afghan that's half finished - this is actually the fill in, in between all
the other stuff
cool jacket (knit) out of black mohair
cathedral window afghan (crocheted, about 6' in diameter)

those are for me :-)

then, for xmas presents:

the nautie for my daughter

purse made from old neckties for the granddaughter of a friend (the
grandfather passed on a year ago, the grandmother gave me the ties to use)

messenger bag made from old neckties for my daughter (this was the original
project, the purse is a scaled down version)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...7053#msg417053

animal pillow and possibly necktie purse for my niece
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/w...alpillows.html

monster felted slippers for both my kids (from a book called stitch n bitch)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...4138#msg154138

well, you get the idea. i'll be crafting for the next eon - for a great
site for crafting ideas, try www.craftster.org (the organized swaps are a
blast!)

oups.com...

Old October 3rd 06, 10:03 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
[...]

Crafty lady indeed!
I much rather cook...shoot!
I was supposed to P/U the stuff for apple pies today , found mucho
granny smith apples in the fridge this morning ...still dont know who,
what or how they got there.( probably a conspiracy of this households
minds to get me to make the pie! ) I refuse to let money rot in the
fridge and like who just eats granny smith apples ? YUK they are tart!
I remembered the stuff for the turtle tank and the socket for the lamp
I wanna fix but forgot the pie stuff.......
Thanks for the links...maybe I can swap a homemade apple pie for a nice
crafted piece! grin Bev

oups.com...

Old October 4th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
[...]

Here's the pint-size purse - I'm sort of proud of myself, knocked it out
today - so I finished the nautie for my daughter, and someone at work wants
to purchase 2 of them, and finished the purse this evening....

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/sh...sort=1&cat=500

Old October 7th 06, 11:45 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
where were you and what were you doing that the faq was posted a day
late? grin

care to elaborate Ms. Moon ?

Hey Bev - finished one of the bags made out of neckties - all paisleys, with
a Ralph Marlin 'big mouth bass' tie for the snap in front
:-)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...450#msg1209450

Old October 7th 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...
where were you and what were you doing that the faq was posted a day
late? grin

care to elaborate Ms. Moon ?

Hey Bev - finished one of the bags made out of neckties - all paisleys, with
a Ralph Marlin 'big mouth bass' tie for the snap in front
:-)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...450#msg1209450

Hey Moon ,

I have to figure out why most pictures i try to look at with this
computer of mine are square spaces with little red X's in the top left
corner :-(

I can not look at this time....We are getting ready to get out the door
to Dorney Park with my granddaughter . I will try later.
If anyone knows what this means and how I can fix it please let me
know!

Bev