Hey Fern!!! was Question-Congregate Care

Old July 2nd 03, 01:08 AM
LaVonne Carlson

Default Hey Fern!!! was Question-Congregate Care

Hey Fern. Let's respond to this post, okay. You made the allegations.
You are the one to answer Kane. Don't respond and we know you have no
ability to respond. It's easy to make claims but difficult to debate or
respond when challenged.

I'll wait for you response, as I have waited for years for responses to
your posts, which you choose to ignore.

If it's good enough to post, Fern, it should be sound enough to defend in
debate.

LaVonne

Kane wrote:

On 27 Jun 2003 21:50:48 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Doug sent in:

They range from acceptable to horrifically abusive. CPS workers are

very
familiar with their respective quality and part of their

decision-making is
deciding which kid will go to which Residential Treatment Center.

You

One of my friends has 2 very difficult young sons. The allegations

of sexual
abuse against the Dad have been made.

The older son was threatened at one tx center with being taken by

DYFS again to
a group treatment home.

What was the basis for the "threat" then? What did he do that resulted
in a "threat"? Could be he was told that if continued to put hands on
another child for the purpose of sexual activity he'd be moved to a
treatment setting where this issue is addressed. They exist. I worked
in one many many years ago. They are very effective.

Many
foster kids operate under the grossly mistaken belief that, if they

act out,
they will eventually be sent home. Almost all foster kids want to

go home
and will go to any lengths to do so.

The young lady whom I knew in a professional capacity was EXTREMELY

DISTRESSED
at not being placed with FAMILY. She was 15, intelligent, sensitive,

and not
understanding why she was not placed with FAMILY.

And you'll believe whatever you are told, right?

At that time, I was naive about CPS and its tactics. I wished I

could have
been of more support to her.

My guess, given your performance here of offering the very worst kinds
of advice to folks trying to sort through their own debacles with CPS,
is that you'd have done her more harm than not.

As I hear more stories I have become far more wary of CPS and its

capability to
help children and/or families.

Did I mention that you tend to believe whatever you here that excites
you emotionally and lack critical reasoning skills and objectivity?
No, I couldn't have. r r r r r

It is not uncommon to mix into the same "group home" a 4 year
old victim of sexual abuse with 12 year old sexual preditor.

Notice the careful wording by Doug the Duplicitious. "not uncommon" is
weasel wording. If it happens at all it's horrendous and it is not an
intentional placement. He didn't even bother to mention that some 4
year olds are themselves agressively sexual toward others, and some 12
year olds are themselves victims. But any clarity would upset his
agenda, and yours, now wouldn't it, Mushroom?

Frankly, I was horrified to find out that in NJ---DYFS utilizes

*group homes*
for 5 yr olds.

So you think that there are enough foster parents that will put up
with the stupid ignorant faction of the public (YOU) so that there can
be a foster parent for every child or one or two children?

How quaint. Most foster homes take up to 8, including their own bio
children if they are a couple (given they have the capacity of beds
and rooms), and six if they are single. Unfortuneately there are so
many abusive parents out there such homes are sometimes overloaded
temporarily.

These are middle-class kids, too.

So you don't think that Petunias deserve to be the same flowerbed with
Broccoli, eh?

It's charming to learn how very classist and elitist you are. But then
we all knew that from many of your prior posts.

As Dr. Gelles states--"We have to do child welfare better."

As every foster parent, every child welfare worker, as every police
officer that sees injured and dead children, states, "We have to do
child welfare better."

Notice Gelles didn't say "child protection"? I wonder why?

Does he know something you are overlooking? Like the fact the public
is not in the mood for "welfare" so much as "protection"?

It's time for some Side Dressing, Plant. Your Leaves are showing too
much yellow. Lack of Potash and Nitrogen I'd wager.

r r r r r

Bingo bango bongo.

Stoneman