Social Worker Charged With Child Abuse

Old September 28th 06, 08:18 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Social Worker Charged With Child Abuse

Did this woman pass a psych eval?
Beat a two month old baby?
She is OBESE as hell! (Photo) (Serious Psych problems?)
She fostered with bugs, rats and rotting food?
How was she licensed and how did she pass inspections?

Kansas CPS and Arizona CPS both ought to be ashamed.

Is the term Case Manager just the same as "case worker"?

caseworker not a LICENSED Social Worker, right?

Michael© posted this link
http://tinyurl.com/gggxv
http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...s=kc1&psp=news

Social Worker Charged With Child Abuse
Hersh Accused Of Assaulting Foster Son
UPDATED: 10:36 pm CDT September 27, 2006

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A former Kansas social worker has been charged with
child abuse, KMBC's Natalie Moultrie reported Wednesday.

Beth Hersh, 28, formerly of Blue Springs, is accused of assaulting her
2-month-old foster son at Children's Mercy Hospital. Hersh is charged
with first-degree assault, endangering the welfare of a child and child
abuse.

Moultrie reported that Hersh worked as a contracted children's social
worker for the state of Kansas.

The case began on April 11, officials said. A social worker at
Children's Mercy called police to report a case of child abuse.

Investigators said Hersh attempted to smother the 2-month-old while he
was in the hospital being treated for something else.

Hersh's former landlord, Melodie Chrisman, told KMBC that she isn't
surprised by the charges.

"From the beginning it was just an odd situation," Chrisman said.

She said Hersh, who started renting from her in January, told her that
she would have between two and four foster children.

"I asked her, 'So do you get involved with the people you work with and
then fall in love with the kids and then you're their foster mom?' She
kind of indicated that's what happened," Chrisman said.

She said she never saw Hersh with the children, but was surprised when
she found the duplex scattered with children's clothes and broken
furniture after Hersh suddenly broke her lease in July to move to
Arizona. Chrisman said Hersh left a big mess behind.

"Refrigerator full of spoiled food and running down the floor. There
were bugs, rats, we had to fumigate several times. Just wasn't a clean
place for children to be," she said.

Chrisman said Hersh claimed to have several reasons for suddenly moving
to Arizona, including a sick father, a new job and financial problems.

"I asked what would happen to children, and she said they would have to

Moultrie reported that Hersh was hired as a child protective service
case manager in Prescott, Ariz., and was going through the department's
specialized training.

Officials said the alleged incident happened in April, but the charges
and Hersh's arrest warrant weren't filed until this week.

Police said Hersh was arrested Wednesday in Yavapai County, Ariz.
Officials told KMBC that Hersh was arrested while she was in the middle
of her first training class for her new job.

Old September 28th 06, 12:08 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

Greegor wrote:

Did this woman pass a psych eval?

Did you?

Beat a two month old baby?

That wasn't the allegation.

She is OBESE as hell! (Photo) (Serious Psych problems?)

Post your photo Greg so everyone can diagnose your problem from the
look on your face.

She fostered with bugs, rats and rotting food?

Who said that?

How was she licensed and how did she pass inspections?

Let everyone know what you find out.

Kansas CPS and Arizona CPS both ought to be ashamed.

Why?

Is the term Case Manager just the same as "case worker"?

Spelled differently.

caseworker not a LICENSED Social Worker, right?

???

Old September 28th 06, 01:20 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

Greegor wrote:
Did this woman pass a psych eval?

Did you?

Beat a two month old baby?

That was not the allegation.

She is OBESE as hell! (Photo) (Serious Psych problems?)

Everyone with a full face has serious psych problems, Greg?

You're no better than the CPS people who make determinations based on
allegations and speculations.

She fostered with bugs, rats and rotting food?

Who said that?

How was she licensed and how did she pass inspections?

Google it, Greg.

Kansas CPS and Arizona CPS both ought to be ashamed.

Why?

Did you used to live there, Greg?

Is the term Case Manager just the same as "case worker"?

Spelled differently.

caseworker not a LICENSED Social Worker, right?

Find out and let us know, Greg.

Old September 28th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Did this woman pass a psych eval?

I don't know. What do you think?

"former Kansas social worker"

Might the word "former" have something to do with the strong possibility
that she didn't pass?

Beat a two month old baby?

That's the story. Is it established that she is the perp and no one else
could be?

She is OBESE as hell! (Photo) (Serious Psych problems?)

You have it on good authority that obesity and psych problems are related?

She fostered with bugs, rats and rotting food?
How was she licensed and how did she pass inspections?

Why do you think she ran?

What makes you think the children weren't removed, rather than "returned?"

You seem g determined to sort out information only by cherry picking
and insinuation.

So you believe what some people say, but not what other's say, or what
might logically be the real case rather than the lies of a crazy person?

You seem g so conflicted and so caught up in a double standard in
these matters, Greg?

Kansas CPS and Arizona CPS both ought to be ashamed.

Of what? That they got conned by a crazy person?

Is the term Case Manager just the same as "case worker"?

I love how you pretend to claim g by this disingenuous manner of
asking questions only the naive and ignorant might ask (you've been here
long enough to have collected the answers to your question many times
over) that you are an innocent child.

caseworker not a LICENSED Social Worker, right?

Like I said about you already knowing the answers ...

0:-

[...]

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old September 28th 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Greegor wrote:
Did this woman pass a psych eval?

Dan Sullivan wrote:
Did you?

I am not a contractor and there is no probable cause.
When asked for a BASIS for a psych eval, the state had nothing.

Greg wrote
Beat a two month old baby?

Dan wrote
That wasn't the allegation.

"attempted to smother the 2-month-old while he
was in the hospital being treated for something else."

Thanks Dan, I had the wrong kind of assault.
I probably confused it with one of the many other
stories where fosters beat kids to death...

Greg wrote
She is OBESE as hell! (Photo) (Serious Psych problems?)

Dan wrote
Post your photo Greg so everyone can diagnose your problem from the
look on your face.

Dan, this person is a severe BARIATRIC case!
When somebody is that MORBIDLY OBESE they do
need some psychological help.

It's not about her face! Take a LOOK, Dan!

Before they try stomache stapling, don't those people
have to undergo a psychological evaluation for help?

Greg wrote

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/....html?rss=kc1&...

Old September 28th 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

You're no better than the CPS people who make determinations
based on allegations and speculations.

I am not a contractor who needs to meet B.O.Q.