Difference between 1890's and now on corporal punishment

Old March 9th 04, 04:21 PM
LadySharon811

Default Difference between 1890's and now on corporal punishment

I wrote a book about this. Is it better now? Do we have less wife and child
abuse now without corporal punishment? Do we have more respect, more love? I
don't think so. We have changed the rules in a way that has never been done
before in human history. We have taken enforcable rules out of the home and
replaced them with disrespect. 'That is the reason I wrote RESPECT, to compare
the two. To compare an age past in which the roles of men and women were
defined in a way consistent with nature, our bodies and roles as mothers and
fathers.

thanks

Sharon
Old March 12th 04, 12:18 AM
Chris

LadySharon811 wrote:
: I wrote a book about this. Is it better now? Do we have less wife and child
: abuse now without corporal punishment?

I assume you are speaking about the USA?

To proceed with this line of argument, you must first demonstrate
that corporal punishment has fallen out of use. That you cannot do
because every current prevalence study available shows that the majority
of US parents still spank (see Straus, 2001 for a review of prevalence
studies).

Hence, you fundamental premise is faulty and your entire argument
collapses.

Chris

REFERENCE

Straus, M. A. (2001) _Beating The Devil Out Of Them: Corporal Punishment
In American Families and its effect on Children_. Transaction Pub., 2nd
edition, NYC.
Old March 12th 04, 06:53 AM
LadySharon811

i wonder about that. Look at the schools. They used to use corporal punishment,
now it is rare, and teacher abuse is at an all time high.

I know most parents can still spank, but it is not as common as it was.

Agreed other places are more advanced in this than the US, spanking is still
used in those places.

hugs

Sharon
Old March 18th 04, 03:39 AM
Carlson LaVonne

LadySharon811 wrote:

i wonder about that. Look at the schools. They used to use corporal punishment,
now it is rare, and teacher abuse is at an all time high.

Corporal punishment is legal in half of the schools in the US, and more
are seeking the right to corporally punish children. Do some research.
Corporal punishment in US schools is certainly not a rare occurrence.

I know most parents can still spank, but it is not as common as it was.

All parents can still spank. Parental spanking is legal in every US
state. Can you provide evidence for your claim that parental spanking
is not as "common as it was?"

Agreed other places are more advanced in this than the US, spanking is still
used in those places.

Could you please provide evidence or a reference for this claim? You
wrote a book. You must have a wealth of data and supporting evidence.

LaVonne

hugs

Sharon

Old March 23rd 04, 08:47 PM
Lifeknox

you are welcome to check the book out, http://www.e-lovestories.com
go to respect, it is the book that has to do with paddling wife more than the
others.

hugs

Sharon
Old March 28th 04, 04:07 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Sharon,

I guess if you don't have the time to answer my questions regarding your
claims made on this ng (which you cut, by the way), I see no reason to
read your book.

LaVonne