tummy tuck anyone?

Old January 10th 05, 07:42 PM
GwenO MS

Default tummy tuck anyone?

I'm not posting this as "OT" because it seems like a fair number of the women
my DD knows who have had twins (or more) either have had or are contemplating a
Tummy Tuck. She is scheduled for an Abdominoplasty and Plycation (muscle
repair) this week, and I'll be the primary caretaker for her and her twins
(almost 4 y.o.). Any advice, experience, tips etc. would be greatly
appreciated.
Grandmom Gwen in S.E. PA
Old January 12th 05, 02:51 AM

Can't help, but I'd love to hear how it goes. I would LOVE to have it
done. If I ever have to go under for a scheduled/necessary surgery, I
plan to add this procedure providing it is medically appropriate. I
think it is a wonderful option for the amazing amount of hanging excess
skin that (sorry to be gross) you can't seem to tuck in a normal pair
of jeans!

I hope she does well and has a very healthy and strong recovery.
Missy in Indiana

Old January 12th 05, 10:48 PM

Well, this is certainly a topic I am interested in hearing more about.
My incision from my c-section opened up 10 days post op. Because
healing had already begun, the only way to treat the wound was to clean
in and pack it every other day and let it heal from the inside out. As
a result, I now have what looks like a second belly button in my
incision scar and it is pretty unsightly. It gets really gross when I
sweat. I will leave it at that!!!

I have not looked into having this repaired, other then getting a few
names of plastic surgeons. DH is against any type "not necessary'
surgery and I understand his concerns. But, he does not have to live
with this wound as I do.

I hope your daughter comes through surgery well. I would be really
interested in hearing about her experience. Please post if you get the
chance.

Michelle
Riley and James
6-9-01

Old January 13th 05, 07:26 PM
Maria

I only lurk here, but since the topic of tummy tuck came up and noone has
had the experience, I'll tell you I had one done 10 months ago. It was a
complete abdominoplasty, with liposuction on the back to make everything
even. My twins are almost 7 now and after 6 years of disgusting hanging
skin and many situps, which consequently do nothing for scar tissue, I had
to do it for me..I wasn't heavy to begin with, wore a size 6, but my belly
looked 5 months preggers. I chose a phenomanal PS in Chads Ford, PA. I'll
give names if anyone wants to email me. He said I was one of the worst
rectus tares he has seen, which had a 3 inch split, as my babies were 6.8
and 6.15 and my c-section scar was just a crooked mess. The man did just a
magical job, flat as a pancake, definately better than I looked pre kids.
The pain factor is high, about 100 times a c-section,but adequate pain
management is given(lots of percoset and valium) and it's well worth it.
There is atleast a 6 week recovery period and for the first 2 weeks you
can't even stand up straight, cough, breath properly etc..Again, with the
right doctor, you can be transformed back to having the perfect 18 year old
tummy. I will mention, my entire stomach is still numb and will always be,
no big deal, it's just weird. I maintain everything by doing between
200-400 crunches a day early morning and have gone down to a size 1.
Hopefully in the next year or so, if I plead with my husband I plan on
getting my boobs lifted, not implants, we'll see. But I certainly would
highly recommend this to all you ladies, that find the skin bothersome, but
most importanly, you need to find "the best" doctor available, makes all the
difference in the world.

Good luck to all,
Maria
Mom to David and Marissa 3/31/98

ups.com...

Old January 14th 05, 12:06 AM

Tummy tuck surgery can make a big difference to the stomach with loose
skin and muscles. There is an introduction with many pictures and
movies before and after surgery
here.

Tummy tuck surgery does not have to be uncomfortable. You can hear
audio files about patient experiences with comfort and after surgery
issues
here.

Spending some time browsing that section can help as an introduction
for what patients may experience with tummy tuck abdominoplasty plastic
surgery.

Hope this helps,
Michael Bermant, MD
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery

Old January 14th 05, 01:47 PM
GwenO MS

Thanks, surgery was on the 12th, she came home last evening...doing very well.
Will update this newsgroup when things quiet down (I have the boys here, one
has been sick for a few days, so no 'nursery school breaks' for me!). I think
that the mega-complaining on the Tummy Tuck message board is not what I'm
seeing here, she is not in excrutiating pain, she's a little bent over, the
incision care appears to be do-able... will update folks later, and certainly
open to any questions (for me, or to ask DD). Thanks, Michael, for the links,
and I'll go look and will share them with DD when I bring her my laptop to use
in bed.
Gwen in SE PA
Old March 4th 05, 09:10 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Maria" wrote in message

The pain factor is high, about 100 times a c-section,but adequate pain
management is given(lots of percoset and valium) and it's well worth it.

Oh, I just saw this. I wanted to mention that for me, it was less painful
that the c-section...but I did have significant permanent numbness in the
abdominal area, so that might have been a factor!

I did *not* like the twin skin and am glad it's gone!

Jenny