Suing ex-wife regarding misappropriation of CS

Old November 27th 03, 02:34 AM
Gini

Default Suing ex-wife regarding misappropriation of CS

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , AMand32385

says...

For many years now, my ex-wife, as it seems other ex-wives have, use a

large
portion of CS to subsidize her own lifestyle. I pay a substantial sum

and with
her supposed "contribution" per FL guidelines, 2 kids are "entitled" to

approx
$2000 per month. There is no way she comes close to providing that

level of
support or giving the kids the kind of lifestyle that amount of $$

could
provide. The $100/mo allowance that I give each kid is actually more

than the
cash she gives them, making them pay for their won cars and their own

car
insurance.

So over the past years she has clearly used funds meant to be earmarked

for the
kids to, among other things, do extensive renovations to HER house,

continually
refurnishand redocorate, and etc etc.

Now I am toying with the idea of taking her to court (on behalf of the

kids
since they are minors) and can show that she did not/has not properly

used the
funds earmarked for them. I wonder if anyone has ever heard of this

being
done successfully???? My idea is to try to get a judgement against her

and
have the court require her to fund some Certificates of Deposit with

funds that
should have been used for the benefit of the kids and to have them

mature
and
go to the kids when they each turn 21.

========
I have not done this but my husband did have a FL case and I dealt with

DOR for
about 10 years. FL statute does "prohibit" CPs from using CS for their

own
expenses--but, in all the FL case law I have read (and it has been

substantial),
I heard of only one case where sanctions were put on a CP for misusing

support
and that was the ex of a professional baseball player where the amount

of
support was huge. In our case, we paid 1200 a month and the ex submitted

financial affidavit claiming $300. in direct expenses for the one child

she then
had in her custody. The affidavit was replete with her personal expenses

which
were way out of line with her income so it was quite clear the support

was
being
misused. The judge never even looked at it. They simply do not wish to

become
entangled in trying to make sure CPs spend the money on the kids. That

said, I
don't know what county you are in but there are more father-friendly

judges in
the 5th Judicial District. If you are in the northern district (1st

Dist.
CoA),
you're probably out of luck. What county are you in?As an exercise in

justice, I
would certainly like to see you bring a petition requesting

accountability
based
on the statute. As for asking the judge to order the CS be used for

savings,
etc., I'm sure the response would be that he/she doesn't have the

authority to
order that (he doesn't). There would be some very interesting

constitutional
questions if you could get the case into the federal courts, though and

there
are very credible class action arguments. Please let us know what you

decide to
do (and if you need some "class members" :-).
===
===

The baboons in black robes have a track record of turning issues fathers
raise in family law court back around on them.

I can just hear it now - "Your suit is not timely, so I am not going to

hear
it. If there were issues about how your child support money was being
spent, you had an obligation to alert the court to that fact years ago.
Because you waited until now to file this suit, it suggests you are only
seeking to harass your former spouse. I am directing the lawyer for your
ex-spouse to prepare an order to that affect for my signature and I am
awarding her attorney fees for defending against this frivolous action."

So IMO - I wouldn't try to press this kind of legal action. It's sad but
that is how fathers get treated when they try to raise legitimate issues.

==
Bah, Humbug!
==

Old November 27th 03, 02:08 PM

AMand ...
You're a day late and a dollar short, my friend. You shoulda been on
this case a very long time ago.

nm

Old November 27th 03, 03:03 PM
Lecher9000

The baboons in black robes have a track record of turning issues fathers
raise in family law court back around on them.

I can just hear it now - "Your suit is not timely, so I am not going to hear
it. If there were issues about how your child support money was being
spent, you had an obligation to alert the court to that fact years ago.
Because you waited until now to file this suit, it suggests you are only
seeking to harass your former spouse. I am directing the lawyer for your
ex-spouse to prepare an order to that affect for my signature and I am
awarding her attorney fees for defending against this frivolous action."

So IMO - I wouldn't try to press this kind of legal action. It's sad but
that is how fathers get treated when they try to raise legitimate issues.

I can relate to the OP. I paid my CS on time, and when I got laid off,
and got a new job at lower pay, I thought about applying for a reduction, even
though I only had 12 months left to pay. I had heard all the horror stories
about what a waste of time it is, since the "baboons in black robes" (I like
that phrasing) ignore the law and just screw the dad.

But I had an "integrity" issue with paying the CS to someone who did not
deserve it (the ex). I was tormented by this injustice, and decided to "roll
the dice", and started feeding myself into the gears of the CS system, planning
to scream loudly to any who would listen, as the gears ground me up into
soylent green for the Morlocks to devour. I imagined screaming obscenities at
the arrogant fool judge as he denied my request. And yes, the usual thoughts of
shotgun blasts, blood, mayhem, etc., that abused and ripped off people have.

The final result of the ordeal was positive, however !!! I did get my CS
reduced. But the only reason I did, I think, is that my ex actually agreed to
it without a court hearing !!! What a surprise that was. Maybe she was afraid
of showing her tax returns, who knows. The ex told me that the feminazis at DR
were telling her I would never get the CS reduced, and that she should not
agree to it. At the same time, they were taking my $25 filing fee and telling
me that I WOULD probably get it reduced.

After a lot of bureacratic foulups caused by DR, I finally have my CS reduced
by about 25 % ( even though my salary was reduced by 75 %).

To the OP, I hope you do file the lawsuit, just to add fuel to the fire of our
"resistance movement", but I think you are bound to get one of the "baboons in
black robes" to deny you your morally deserved victory.

Old November 28th 03, 06:46 AM
Gypsy0005

Maybe she thinks it is best that the kids pay for their own cars and car
insurance to teach them some responsibility.

At least she isn't teaching them to misappropriate funds like she is doing.
Old November 28th 03, 06:46 AM
Gypsy0005

Old November 28th 03, 06:47 AM
Gypsy0005

o maybe just be thankful that she does provide the basics of life.

Sounds to me like DAD is providing more than the basics and mom is enjoying the
free ride.
Old November 28th 03, 06:47 AM
Gypsy0005

Old November 28th 03, 06:51 AM
Gypsy0005

teach them some responsibility

My parents were not divorced, but my mom passed away when I was 13. When I
turned 18 and went to work my dad charged me "rent" to continue to live in his
house. A few years later when I was ready to move into my own apartment he
gave me that rent money that he had put into a savings account.

My dad was a very clever man. He taught me the value of money without putting
any of it in his own pocket.

The "Middle Wife" A&G&K Pregnancy 2 July 6th 04 09:59 PM
Question for a women out their concerning wife. (Just want an opinion) Danny Single Parents 5 June 19th 04 08:43 PM
Wife wants to work Jamie General 76 May 19th 04 03:38 PM
Supporting wife whose mother is dying Alayne General 4 March 7th 04 07:17 AM
I Am A Big Brother (Big Brothers Big Sisters) And Have A Problem With My Match Rob08757 General 11 September 15th 03 07:17 PM