Did she really say that? (CTTS)

Old February 11th 05, 10:28 PM
Seth Jackson

Default Did she really say that? (CTTS)

I was playing the card game "war" with my daughter, Mariel, the other
day (war has become very popular with my kids these days). After she
turned over a 10, I looked at my card and jokingly teased her by
suggesting I had a better card. Unfazed, she sat back, smiled, and
said, "Take whatever you like, babe."

Is she really in kindergarten?
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...ypictures.html

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net
Old February 12th 05, 07:12 PM
Mirethy & Arjan

It is incredible how fast kids grow today. My twins are only 20 months old
and they keep
surprising us everyday.
Last friday i took them in to the hospital because they were gonna take
their blood to have
it check for allergies. Thursday night we try to explain to them what was
gonna happened.
And when we got there I asked them aloud who is gonna first. Kreychelle said
clearly
her sister's name (Draychelle), and pointed at her with her finger ... So i
said ok, but you have to
wait outside. She ran outside to sit down with a friend who has gone with us
as back up.
It was the biggest piece of cake according to the lady. Kids that age always
screamed and cried.
And they didnt even blink..
When you write stories like this, we love to read them. We can get an idea
of our future

Thanks for sharing Seth,

Merette and Arjan

"Seth Jackson" schreef in bericht

Old March 4th 05, 09:13 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message

I was playing the card game "war" with my daughter, Mariel, the other
day (war has become very popular with my kids these days). After she
turned over a 10, I looked at my card and jokingly teased her by
suggesting I had a better card. Unfazed, she sat back, smiled, and
said, "Take whatever you like, babe."

Is she really in kindergarten?

LOL! What a cutie. :-) I play a lot of "Spit" (card game) with Emily,
who's 10. I like to do a little "Spit trash talk" during the game. I kept
saying, "Man, you're slaying me!" and "Man this & that." She very primly
reminded me that she is NOT a man, thank you very much. ;-)

Jenny

Old March 4th 05, 10:19 PM
Seth Jackson

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 04:13:24 -0500, "Jennifer in Maryland"
wrote:

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
.. .

I was playing the card game "war" with my daughter, Mariel, the other
day (war has become very popular with my kids these days). After she
turned over a 10, I looked at my card and jokingly teased her by
suggesting I had a better card. Unfazed, she sat back, smiled, and
said, "Take whatever you like, babe."

Is she really in kindergarten?

LOL! What a cutie. :-) I play a lot of "Spit" (card game) with Emily,
who's 10. I like to do a little "Spit trash talk" during the game. I kept
saying, "Man, you're slaying me!" and "Man this & that." She very primly
reminded me that she is NOT a man, thank you very much. ;-)

How cute!

BTW, I used to love to play Spit when I was a kid at summer camp.

Old March 7th 05, 03:38 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message

BTW, I used to love to play Spit when I was a kid at summer camp.

What's funny is how much I love to play it! A lot of games you play with
your kids are just the type you slog through...but I'm addicted as much as
she is. Last night we had one 45-minute game (usually we're done within 5
minutes), which was very exciting (I lost).

Jenny

Old March 8th 05, 06:21 AM
Seth Jackson

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:38:09 -0500, "Jennifer in Maryland"
wrote:

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
.. .

BTW, I used to love to play Spit when I was a kid at summer camp.

What's funny is how much I love to play it! A lot of games you play with
your kids are just the type you slog through...but I'm addicted as much as
she is. Last night we had one 45-minute game (usually we're done within 5
minutes), which was very exciting (I lost).

Do you try to win when you play against your kids? I play war with my
5-year-olds, and most of the time, I lose on purpose. Every once in a
while, though, I can't bring myself to do it.

Old March 8th 05, 06:40 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

wrote:

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
.. .

BTW, I used to love to play Spit when I was a kid at summer camp.

What's funny is how much I love to play it! A lot of games you play with
your kids are just the type you slog through...but I'm addicted as much

as
she is. Last night we had one 45-minute game (usually we're done within

5
minutes), which was very exciting (I lost).

Do you try to win when you play against your kids? I play war with my
5-year-olds, and most of the time, I lose on purpose. Every once in a
while, though, I can't bring myself to do it.

Interesting you should ask. :-) I used to lose on purpose, but not with
the 10-year-olds anymore. Why? One, because they can tell when I'm not
playing to the best of my ability. Two, because they *kick my ass*. :-D

Tonight DD10 and I were in a very competitive mode. She won one game, and I
won the other. With DD6, I always try to stack the deck, so to speak...I
make sure I win a few games, but she "wins" most of them.

Of course the older kids see that I'm letting their little sister win, and
they give me these elaborate eye rolls so I know that they know...!

Jennifer

Old March 9th 05, 12:36 AM
Seth Jackson

wrote:

[...]

Interestingly, my 5-year-old daughter found a way to introduce
strategy to the game of war, which I'd always considered to be purely
a game of luck.

Old March 9th 05, 12:44 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message

Interestingly, my 5-year-old daughter found a way to introduce
strategy to the game of war, which I'd always considered to be purely
a game of luck.

That is interesting. So spill--what's the strategy? Sounds as if it would
make the game of War a little more scintillating!

Jenny

Old March 9th 05, 07:36 PM
Seth Jackson

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:44:08 -0500, "Jennifer in Maryland"
wrote:

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
.. .

Interestingly, my 5-year-old daughter found a way to introduce
strategy to the game of war, which I'd always considered to be purely
a game of luck.

That is interesting. So spill--what's the strategy? Sounds as if it would
make the game of War a little more scintillating!

The strategy only works when you play with wild cards. We play with
jokers wild.

If you win a war containing a joker and an ace or another joker,
instead simply collecting the winnings randomly, you can collect them
in an order that's advantageous to you the next time through the deck.
More precisely, you pick up the joker first, then three small cards,
then the ace. Now the deck is set up so that, next time through, you
have a war that you are almost guaranteed to win.

Since the joker is wild, you can give it any value you want. Next
time it comes up, give it a value equal to your opponent's card. This
creates a war. If you've followed the strategy, your deck has been
set up so that you are guaranteed to turn up an ace as your top card
in the war.

Pretty clever, eh? I also use the same strategy in reverse when I
want to lose the games on purpose.