Recommend a game boy style handheld game

Old November 18th 07, 07:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Ignoramus18452

Default Recommend a game boy style handheld game

My 6 year old will soon fly on an airplane alone, and I want to buy a
electronic game for him that will keep him busy for much of that time
(4 hours). Kind of like game boy. I have no idea what is hot right
now, but I know that I do not want to end up paying a lot for game
cartridges. The best would be some sort of open source type device,
but if not, at least something that is not a ripoff.

Thanks

Old November 18th 07, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Ninetindo Ds is a hand-held game. It runs about $130.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 18th 07, 09:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines[_2_]

Ignoramus18452 wrote:
My 6 year old will soon fly on an airplane alone, and I want to buy a
electronic game for him that will keep him busy for much of that time
(4 hours). Kind of like game boy. I have no idea what is hot right
now, but I know that I do not want to end up paying a lot for game
cartridges. The best would be some sort of open source type device,
but if not, at least something that is not a ripoff.

In the UK, you can get second-hand games relatiely cheaply for the
different hand-held consoles. Shops that sell new games also sell
"pre-owned" games for a fraction of the price.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old November 19th 07, 03:36 AM posted to misc.kids
Marie

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:17:59 -0600, Ignoramus18452
wrote:
My 6 year old will soon fly on an airplane alone, and I want to buy a
electronic game for him that will keep him busy for much of that time
(4 hours). Kind of like game boy. I have no idea what is hot right
now, but I know that I do not want to end up paying a lot for game
cartridges. The best would be some sort of open source type device,
but if not, at least something that is not a ripoff.

My kids have a Nintendo DS and it's simple enough that my then-4 year
old could play some of the games. It was $130 when I bought it, and
the games were between $20-30. You can also buy used games cheaper at
certain stores(I think the one I get used ones from is GameStop, but I
could be wrong). It has a screen you use a stylus to control things
and also has the button controls like gameboys have. There's a game my
youngest especially likes called Nintendogs. You can get a puppy and
feed and play with it, and teach it tricks and enter dog shows.
Marie
Old November 19th 07, 05:36 AM posted to misc.kids
Ignoramus18452

Thanks to all. I bought a Nintendo DS at Amazon. I am sure that it
will work well.

Old November 19th 07, 03:15 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Ignoramus18452 wrote:
Thanks to all. I bought a Nintendo DS at Amazon. I am sure that it
will work well.

Just watch him with it. I wouldn't say they're delicate,
but they will not withstand rough-and-tumble play.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old November 20th 07, 01:28 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
. ..
Ignoramus18452 wrote:
Thanks to all. I bought a Nintendo DS at Amazon. I am sure that it
will work well.

Just watch him with it. I wouldn't say they're delicate,
but they will not withstand rough-and-tumble play.

And be responsible for it - a six-year-old will likely misplace it.

Old November 20th 07, 05:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Marie

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:28:02 GMT, "deja.blues"
wrote:

And be responsible for it - a six-year-old will likely misplace it.

Our biggest problem has been the kids losing the stylus and the
charger.
Marie

A fun game MsLiz General 0 January 2nd 06 08:26 PM
The science game Opinions Spanking 6 November 25th 05 10:23 PM
Great game for kids 12+ Breakscore® a fast moving strategic board game of challenge, chance and skill. bolero48 General 0 October 9th 05 10:51 AM
the name game alissa Pregnancy 2 December 14th 03 09:22 AM
The name game...and it's challenges... Cheg General 12 July 17th 03 02:13 PM