The nursing strike - pretty sure it's weaning.

Old March 26th 04, 07:57 AM
Cathy

Default The nursing strike - pretty sure it's weaning.

Well, it has been 10 days now since the small child (coming up 15 months)
refused to nurse (from 3 X a day). She now shows no interest in the breast,
is chowing down on solids (and actually demanding food, which is a first for
her), and is drinking heaps of water (my biggest concern when the 'strike'
started was her lack of fluid intake). She seems back to her old self after
her illness, and now insists on eating her meals on my lap, from my plate,
and she snuggles like she used to do when nursing. Seems pretty terminal to
me. But I've accepted it now, and the big bonus is that her poos are now a
lot more solid, and the nappies don't need nearly as much scraping! So
thanks heaps for all the advice - I'm still going to keep pumping till the
tooth comes through - just in case, but I have no expectations any longer of
getting her back to the breast.

Cathy

Old March 26th 04, 07:47 PM
Cheryl S.

"Cathy" wrote in message
But I've accepted it now, and the big bonus is that her
poos are now a lot more solid, and the nappies don't
need nearly as much scraping!

Well, you are definitely one of those people who can find the silver
lining in every cloud! Seriously, hugs on her weaning so abruptly
on you, I know that is an emotional kick in the pants (Sorry, I wish I
could think of a nicer expression, but I can't). Well done to you for
nursing her for as long as she wanted to. It would be great if every
child could nurse as long as she did.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 6 months

3 day nursing strike - advice needed Cathy Breastfeeding 12 March 19th 04 09:52 PM
Tandem Weaning eggs Breastfeeding 8 March 12th 04 03:59 AM
Review: Dirty Pretty Things (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 August 10th 03 04:34 AM
Help for a friend needed nursing strike - ASAP! Sarajoyo Breastfeeding 3 July 14th 03 11:09 PM