Has anyone done a "Belly Cast"

Old January 16th 04, 07:15 AM
Kellie

Default Has anyone done a "Belly Cast"

Have any of you ever done one of these like on this site
http://www.castingmiracles.com

Kellie

Old January 16th 04, 02:21 PM
New York Jen

"Kellie" wrote in message
Have any of you ever done one of these like on this site
http://www.castingmiracles.com

I did one and I LOVE it. I'd recommend not spending the money from a site
like this, although I did the first time around. You can just go to a craft
store (like Michael's Crafts) and purchase the pre-plastered strips for a
fraction of the price. All you need in addition to that is some Vaseline
for about a dollar and something to put on the floor because it can splatter
a lot.

Old January 16th 04, 07:12 PM
Fer

Nope but I do plan on grabbing the stuff from the craft store and do it
myself in a few months!

--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old January 17th 04, 05:37 AM
larissa

Fer wrote:
Nope but I do plan on grabbing the stuff from the craft store and do it
myself in a few months!

I did one at about 38 weeks. We made an afternoon of it. There were 4 of
us, my sister, sis-in-law and a dear friend, who hosted it. We ate
chocolates, they drank champagne, we were childfree for the afternoon it
was wonderful and indulgent.

The cast looks amazing, it was easy to do. Mine needs a bit more
reinforcement a job I am saving for a bit of free time. Eventally I hope
to get it cast in bronze or something and put in the garden as a
permanent ornament.

Larissa
mum to 3

Old January 17th 04, 01:18 PM
Mary

We did one, 2-3 weeks before giving birth (on Valentine's Day,
actually), and it was really neat. I love being able to look at it and
realize and remember *exactly* what I looked like. Ours is just plain
white, no painting.

I'm not a display-it person; it's just in a box in the basement. But I
love it anyway. It's like the difference between a line drawing and a
photograph, the difference between photographs and the belly cast.

Mary s.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months

Old January 18th 04, 07:48 PM
Cam & Shane

Eventally I hope to get it cast in bronze or something and put in the garden
as a permanent ornament.

What an awsome idea

Camille

Old January 18th 04, 10:41 PM
Fer

Cam & Shane wrote:
|| Eventally I hope to get it cast in bronze or something and put in
|| the garden as a permanent ornament.
|| What an awsome idea
|| Camille

I like the idea of doing it with the women in my family but alas they are
4000k away ;( Though DH just LOVES the idea of doing it, actually if it
were up to him I'd have one of every trimester but I thought that be a
little much LOL

Casting it for the garden is a fantastic idea! I have been wondering were I
would put it.

--?

Jenn
-WAHM
-DS Feb'92
-DD Feb'97
-Jellyfish due June 25/04

Belly Pic Fer Pregnancy 11 January 8th 04 06:02 PM
Update: keeping cast dry toypup General 5 September 20th 03 05:56 PM
Belly size question.... Kari Pregnancy 5 August 22nd 03 05:31 PM
Belly cast recipe? Kari Pregnancy 4 July 21st 03 08:42 AM
Patting the belly... Stephanie S Pregnancy 3 July 11th 03 07:07 PM