Baby washcloths...and burp cloths

Old March 14th 04, 03:34 PM
Nancy P

Default Baby washcloths...and burp cloths

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
I had already decided not to use these even though I know people can't
resist giving them to you at showers etc...I was planning on using cloth
diapers for this purpose.

.. I'm not being sarcastic, I am just wondering really, why people are
so gung-ho over baby wash cloths?

I love baby wash-cloths, to use in the bath. Actually, I don't think I have
enough of them. They're small so you can control things better. Especially
for rinsing hair...A larger cloth would be more likely to drip more into the
child's face. And now my dd is 2, she likes to wash herself, and I think a
larger cloth might be difficult for her. Plus they are much softer than
regular washcloths.
I've never used a burp cloth, though. I used cloth diapers for that.

nancy

Old March 15th 04, 04:45 AM
Jeff and Tori

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...
I had already decided not to use these even though I know people can't
resist giving them to you at showers etc...I was planning on using cloth
diapers for this purpose.

Someone just gave me a large laundry basket of secondhand baby washcloths-

swear there are like 50 of them- and a lot of burp cloths too. (Also a few
cloth diapers)...

Probably by the time I have my shower I will have about 100 baby wash
cloths. I'm not being sarcastic, I am just wondering really, why people

are
so gung-ho over baby wash cloths? It doesn't seem like people in this

group
are, but everyone I know otherwise considers them essentials. Sure they're
small and soft. but they're SMALL! For wiping drool and spit up cloth
diapers would be much better. Same goes for burp cloths. The way their
shaped I find cloth diapers to be more practical and multi-use.

My daughter was a MAJOR spitter upper. I used to use Receiving blankets for
burp cloths, and I also used Disposable Diapers for burp cloths. Someone
gave me a few Martha Stewart days of the week burp cloths and I laughed at
how small they were... silly people.
Those little baby washcloths never seem to be where I need them at any given
time and the baby towel was nice except not overly absorbent and we could
never get her centered in it. I have used the wash cloths for runny nose
season and a few times for washing Bonnie but other then that I can never
find them.

Tori
Bonnie 3/20/02
edd 10/17/04

PS Clean Cloth Diapers are also really handy for washing glasses