A Little Bedtime Story

Old October 9th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default A Little Bedtime Story

http://www.wethechildren.com/spankingenglish.htm

LISTEN AND LEARN

Perhaps there is no better way to help you understand that hitting a
child is wrong by telling you a sad but true story that happened several
years ago.

A father had been saving up money to buy a new car. A year passed and he
finally had enough money for a down payment. Proudly, he drove his new
car home and excitedly showed his wife and 2 1/2 year old daughter the
car. As it happened, the father went into the garage to get some tools
and the mother went inside the house to answer the phone, leaving the
little girl inside the car all by herself. Finding a pen on the seat
beside her, she picked it up and, thinking that it was a toy of sorts,
she began poking holes in the upholstery. When the father saw what she
had done, he yanked her out of the car and slapped her hand very hard
several times. "Bad girl, bad girl, never do that again," he yelled.
That night the little girl’s hand swelled up. By morning it had turned
an unsightly color. So, the father decided to take his daughter to the
doctor.

After an X-ray and several other tests the doctor came into the
examining room. Pulling the father aside he said in a very sad voice,
"You know you have a very large hand and your daughter’s hand is so
small. I am sorry but there has been such severe damage that I will have
to amputate your little girl’s hand."

Months passed. The bandages slowly came off and the little girl was
beginning to learn how to live her life with just one hand. One morning,
she was sitting in her playroom playing with her toys when her father
walked in. Suddenly the little girl looked up and in the sweetest, most
imploring voice she said, "Daddy, I promise I’ll never do that again.
Please, can I have my hand back now."

Grief stricken and horrified at what he had done, the father made a
suicide attempt that failed.

Today, he runs parenting classes and is an active participant in the
fight for human rights for all people, both big and small. As he tells
his story and talks about the physical and emotional harm that can
result from such a practice, he not only asks, but begs parents not to
hit their children. ...

Knowing the immoral, unethical, and lying ways of a few folks that post
here if you have any questions or objections concerning this story, I
suggest you connect with the authors of it, at:

http://www.wethechildren.com/spankingenglish.htm

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old October 9th 06, 07:47 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?

Do you have the man's name/address/phone number?

Which part was worse for the little girl,
losing her hand or losing her parents?

Surely the CPS agency removed the girl forever.

The later part where he was watching her
implies the story is a complete work of
propagandistic fiction.

You post propagandistic FICTION and end
with comments about how your detractors
are dishonest?

Old October 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?

I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Do you have the man's name/address/phone number?

No.

The link is below. Follow up on it. Ask the site owners to prove the story.

Which part was worse for the little girl,
losing her hand or losing her parents?

No comparison. She did not lose her parents.

Surely the CPS agency removed the girl forever.

Why would they do that in a state where spanking was allowed, and the
injury was adjudged to be accidental.

You should find out if my guess is the case or not, rather than just
guess yourself and then ask questions.

The later part where he was watching her
implies the story is a complete work of
propagandistic fiction.

Fathers don't watch their daughters at play? I must have been one
unnatural father then. I watched all my children play for hundreds,
probably thousands of hours.

It's how I figured out, with some help, that parents make a lot of
mistakes about what children's behavior really is and what it means.

Or are you referring to what the little girl is claimed to have said to
him?

It seems like childlike logic to me.

Children, even horrible abused children, seem to nearly always believe
that their parents are right. It's only as adults, and sometimes not
even then, they figure out the parent was wrong.

You post propagandistic FICTION

You already have followed up and have proof it's fiction?

Please provide some proof of your claim.

and end
with comments about how your detractors
are dishonest?

Well, I find the proof of their lies, misleading, spinning, and other
creative writing.

And post it.

You have found the proof, or you pretend you have, and you have not
posted it.

Which would you call honest; which dishonest?

By the way, did you not notice my "A Little Bedtime Story" subject title?

0:-

Old October 9th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?

I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Hahaha! So you are just spreading LIES right, Kane0?

Doan

Old October 9th 06, 05:59 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?

I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Hahaha! So you are just spreading LIES right, Kane0?

I don't know it's a lie or true. That's why I chose the title I did, and
invited others to check it out.

Have you?

Doan

You seem overwrought.

0:-

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old October 9th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?
I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Hahaha! So you are just spreading LIES right, Kane0?

I don't know it's a lie or true. That's why I chose the title I did, and
invited others to check it out.

Have you?

Hahaha! I don't need to. Only a person like you would believe such
a story.

Doan

You seem overwrought.

You seem desperated.

Doan

Old October 9th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?
I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Hahaha! So you are just spreading LIES right, Kane0?

I don't know it's a lie or true. That's why I chose the title I did, and
invited others to check it out.

Have you?

Hahaha! I don't need to. Only a person like you would believe such
a story.

Doan

You seem overwrought.

You seem desperated.

Should we alert Webster's?

Doan

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old October 9th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, 0:- wrote:

Greegor wrote:
OK, But is it a propaganda story or a TRUE story?
I invited you to find out. Why ask the question I already posed?

Hahaha! So you are just spreading LIES right, Kane0?
I don't know it's a lie or true. That's why I chose the title I did, and
invited others to check it out.

Have you?

Hahaha! I don't need to. Only a person like you would believe such
a story.

Doan

You seem overwrought.

You seem desperated.

Should we alert Webster's?

Is that you publisher?

Doan

Old October 10th 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

Doan: From his perpective it was most certainly
a moral and ethical lie.

His perceived ends justify any deceptive means.

Old October 10th 06, 06:08 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On 9 Oct 2006, Greegor wrote:

Doan: From his perpective it was most certainly
a moral and ethical lie.

His perceived ends justify any deceptive means.

If he has to resort to lies to support an agenda then I would question
the agenda.

Doan

misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 May 21st 06 05:22 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 11:07 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 December 15th 03 09:42 AM
Bedtime story that helps with the NO stage! Alan Sagan General 2 October 11th 03 04:15 AM