ChocolateChip_Wookie

Old October 27th 06, 05:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default ChocolateChip_Wookie

Hi there, just wondering how you were doing, have you got any further help
on deciding mode of delivery? How's the SPD and SI instability?

Cheers

Anne

Old October 27th 06, 09:29 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ChocolateChip_Wookie

Anne Rogers wrote:
Hi there, just wondering how you were doing, have you got any further help
on deciding mode of delivery? How's the SPD and SI instability?

Cheers

Anne

Hello, nice to be remembered. I have a C-Section scheduled for Tuesday
31st Oct (halloween). The SPD limites what I can do in a day and there
doesnt seem to be any easy solution to this. I am not keen on the
C-Section, it goes against my principles but the Consultants seem
adamant that this is the only way to ovoid further perinneal damage
occassioning a second 4th degree tear. I wish a midwife would tell me
that they would keep a special eye on me, but that's just not the way it
works. You dont seem to get any special treatment and if it's busy on
the night/day, you're on your own. I dont fancy a C-Section but neither
do I fancy incontinence for the rest of my life. All I can do is rest as
much as possible for next Tuesday and try not to inflame the SPD anymore
than it is already. Will let you know how it goes.

Wookie
Old October 27th 06, 05:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Hello, nice to be remembered. I have a C-Section scheduled for Tuesday
31st Oct (halloween). The SPD limites what I can do in a day and there
doesnt seem to be any easy solution to this. I am not keen on the
C-Section, it goes against my principles but the Consultants seem adamant
that this is the only way to ovoid further perinneal damage occassioning a
second 4th degree tear. I wish a midwife would tell me that they would
keep a special eye on me, but that's just not the way it works. You dont
seem to get any special treatment and if it's busy on the night/day,
you're on your own. I dont fancy a C-Section but neither do I fancy
incontinence for the rest of my life. All I can do is rest as much as
possible for next Tuesday and try not to inflame the SPD anymore than it
is already. Will let you know how it goes.

glad you've got a decision, honestly, with bad tears, you either need to go
the c-section route, or have someone with you who is going to really help
you minimise the risks of tearing so badly again. Some people have suggests
c-sections and SPD are bad, but I've not come up on any evidence at all that
supports that and I've come up across so many people who have had SPD get
much worse during delivery that there must be something going on that
c-section would have avoided, not that I think SPD should imply c-section,
but maybe that it should imply c-section a little more often than the
medical profession currently practices.

Good Luck

Anne

Old October 29th 06, 11:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ChocolateChip_Wookie

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Update. Looks like the C-Section has to be scrubbed. My 2 year old has
been exposed to chickenpox and is quite possibly contagious at the
moment. As long as the new one has not been born, we can limit the risk
of exposure. I dont think I can look after myself after a C-section let
alone a newborn since my husband would have to take my 2 year old away
to ovoid exposing our newborn. The only safe option is to give birth
naturally and then deal with any exposure.

Wookie
Old October 30th 06, 05:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Update. Looks like the C-Section has to be scrubbed. My 2 year old has
been exposed to chickenpox and is quite possibly contagious at the moment.
As long as the new one has not been born, we can limit the risk of
exposure. I dont think I can look after myself after a C-section let alone
a newborn since my husband would have to take my 2 year old away to ovoid
exposing our newborn. The only safe option is to give birth naturally and
then deal with any exposure.

or presumably wait, if the c-section was scheduled for 39 weeks, then that
gives you time for the chicken pox to get past the non infectious stage,
check with a doctor exactly when that is, I think it's when all the spots
have scabbed over, then reschedule the c-section for early next week, when
you are around 40 weeks and cross your fingers that you don't go into
labour. Also see if you can stay in hospital a couple of extra nights, say 5
nights, I've not had a c-section myself, but from talking to those who have,
it seems like it's really the first few days that are bad, then a newborn is
manageable and talking to those who've had bad vaginal deliveries, with lots
of stitches and what not, though in the first week, they are definitely
better off than the c-section mums, it seems to even out by the 2nd week. If
you delayed a few days to a week on the c-section and had a bit of a longer
stay in hospital you'd probably avoid having to have any time when you just
looked after the newborn alone. Honestly, with a history of a 4th degree
tear, this shouldn't be the reason to choose vaginal delivery, there are
lots of reasons that women do choose vaginal delivery, preferring a risk of
complications than the certainty of a c-section, but it seems when you've
made a decision that a c-section is the better route, that you want to work
things out so that that can happen.

Cheers

Anne

Old November 9th 06, 04:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ChocolateChip_Wookie

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the encouragement. Just to let everyone know. Marley Ann
Jones arrived on 31st October at 09:32 weighing 6lb 13oz. She was
delivered by routine c-section. She has black hair and navy blue eyes. I
am sore as hell and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up
on the news group. I cant imagine why the 'too posh to push' brigade
regard this as a soft option because it bloody well isnt. To be honest,
I wish I'd torn during a natural birth. On the plus side, I'm on bed
rest which has it's advantages....lol

Wookie
Old November 9th 06, 05:03 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

ChocolateChip_Wookie" "wookie[at]bluelotusblossom[dot]com wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement. Just to let everyone know. Marley Ann
Jones arrived on 31st October at 09:32 weighing 6lb 13oz. She was
delivered by routine c-section. She has black hair and navy blue
eyes. I am sore as hell and this is the first time I've had a chance
to catch up on the news group. I cant imagine why the 'too posh to
push' brigade regard this as a soft option because it bloody well
isnt. To be honest, I wish I'd torn during a natural birth. On the
plus side, I'm on bed rest which has it's advantages....lol

Wookie

Congrats on your new arrival! Welcome Little Miss Marley!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old November 10th 06, 02:13 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

ChocolateChip_Wookie wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement. Just to let everyone know. Marley Ann
Jones arrived on 31st October at 09:32 weighing 6lb 13oz. She was
delivered by routine c-section. She has black hair and navy blue eyes. I
am sore as hell and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up
on the news group. I cant imagine why the 'too posh to push' brigade
regard this as a soft option because it bloody well isnt. To be honest,
I wish I'd torn during a natural birth. On the plus side, I'm on bed
rest which has it's advantages....lol

Wookie

Congratulations and welcome to Baby Marley!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old November 10th 06, 05:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Thanks for the encouragement. Just to let everyone know. Marley Ann Jones
arrived on 31st October at 09:32 weighing 6lb 13oz. She was delivered by
routine c-section. She has black hair and navy blue eyes. I am sore as
hell and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up on the news
group. I cant imagine why the 'too posh to push' brigade regard this as a
soft option because it bloody well isnt. To be honest, I wish I'd torn
during a natural birth. On the plus side, I'm on bed rest which has it's
advantages....lol

Congratulations, yes I agree with you, the too posh to push brigade must be
mad, it's not as if the recovery is easy even if everything goes perfectly
and things go wrong with reasonable frequency. However even after the first
experience, they usually seem to go that route again, so they really must
believe normal childbirth is horrendous. I'm in a similar situation to you,
in that future deliveries are likely to be by c-section and I'm freaked out
about that, though at least I have that part of things sorted, it's really
pregnancy that is now the issue for me.

How's the chicken pox victim?

Anne

Old November 11th 06, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
ChocolateChip_Wookie

Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

The chicken pox victim isnt. My friend tried to contact me whilst I was
in hospital to tell me that the 'chicken pox' turned out to be nothing
more than a virus that caused a chicken pox like rash. I cant say I
wasnt more than a little annoyed because we were considering a major
change to our plans in light of her information. I did ask her on the
night that she reported it whether it had been confirmed by a doctor and
she did tell me that it hadnt but that she was confident since she had
seen it before in her eldest daughter. Not wishing to risk contact with
her daughter I had no opportunity to make a personal assessment so I
ended up having to take her word for it. Luckily, we came to the same
conclusion you did and that either my eldest would 'miss' the infection
or would be over it before Marley arrived etc and went ahead with the
C-Section. If truth be told, I was more than happy to be supplied with
an excuse not to continue with the c-section route, but my husband
(fearing for my health, bless him) did an excellent job of convincing me
to continue with our plans regardless of my fears. The upshot is that
Marley was born by c-section on the 31st. I now however have more
pressing problems and perhaps others on this group may care to offer
comments or suggestions.

Marley is now 11 days old and has just been weighed. At birth she was
3110g (6lb 14oz). Yesterday she was 2750g (6lb 1oz) and today she is
2740g (5lb 15oz). The midwife is justifiably concerned and so am I.
Marley does not latch to the breast. In desperation we have begun
offering her 2oz bottle feeds (in addition to the breast and expressed)
every 3 hours (knackering as hell) but she will NOT take more than 1oz
at a feeding. The midwife says that this is not enough. She is beginning
to starve and we do not know the reason for it. She doesnt seem hungry
because she sleeps all the time and unless I wake her for a feed every 3
hours, she would not wake at all. She can be very hard to wake, I have
stripped her naked, rubbed her back with my knuckles, tweaked her ears,
nose and toes and still she will sleep through a feed. I have even
(gently) shaken her to get a response but she is so lathargic I am
starting to become concerned that there is some sort of damage. In the
beginning, the midwives shrugged and said that c-section babies are
naturally more lathargic than their naturally born peers, but this is
becomming more than a joke. Basically, we have another 24 hours but if
she goes down again tomorrow, it's a trip to the paediatric assessment
clinic tomorrow for us and a battery of tests. She does not appear to be
running a fever, she does not cry, she is not vomiting nor does she
appear to be in pain in any way. She is just asleep and we have the
devils own job waking her for any reason. She has a slight tinge of
jaundice but the midwife says that this could be 'milk jaundice'
whatever that is! She has not have a Vit K injection and her apgar
scores were 9 at 1 minute and 10 at 5. Any thoughts people?

Thanks

Wookie