'Not the coccyx' - and 'Todd's not British'

Old November 12th 06, 11:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
Nina Pretty Ballerina

Default 'Not the coccyx' - and 'Todd's not British'

wrote in message
ps.com...
"NOT THE COCCYX" - AND "TODD'S NOT BRITISH"

Anne Roger's post reminded me of a humorous exchange I had with retired
Australian surgeon Dr. Peter Moran.

Anne's mention of "the British" reminded me of a TRULY BIZZARE FACT
about British radiologist JGB Russell...

See below.

My further comments are interspersed ####.

Anne Rogers wrote:
so today I went for my first visit with an American OBGYN, it was time for
my annual exam (first in my life actually, they don't call you for smears
in
my part of the UK until you are 25, so I'd never had one, but had agreed
with my GP in the UK that I'd get one before Christmas), as a result of
the
exam, he feels I must have broken [my sacrum or coccyx - see below - TDG],
or at the very least damaged and
triggered an imflamatory response, after the discussion we had, I don't
disbelieve him

snip

welcome back todd. we were wondering where you were. keep working on
brevity...

chris

Old November 12th 06, 11:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
Leslie

Default Leslie's baby was on TV

Yes, it was William who was on t.v. He weighed 13 lbs. 5 oz. Since
then there seem to have been a lot of big babies--I see their pictures
online all the time--but nary a one has been a vaginal birth, let alone
a VBA3C!

Lorelei was only 11 lbs. so perhaps my record-setting days are over.
:-)

Leslie

Old November 13th 06, 03:43 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"Leslie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Yes, it was William who was on t.v. He weighed 13 lbs. 5 oz. Since
then there seem to have been a lot of big babies--I see their pictures
online all the time--but nary a one has been a vaginal birth, let alone
a VBA3C!

Lorelei was only 11 lbs. so perhaps my record-setting days are over.
:-)

Leslie

you are a medical marvel leslie!! How are your, er, bits nowadays, with all
of those births of both types...? I have had 3 x c and my abdo wall is
still subject to quite a few twinges bordering on pain etc here and there

Old November 13th 06, 11:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
excatholic

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

wrote:
"NOT THE COCCYX" - AND "TODD'S NOT BRITISH"

Hmmm...Todd and Tools are back in the same week....hmmmm.....

That's a point, although they seem to use different algorithms in the
bot software.

Perhaps one of our resident experts on who is really who might like to
investigate and report back.

Cathy had been away for a while too.

I've a tight deadline on a huge project, so I haven't got time to get
into any substantive stuff at the moment; I note that PeteyB and Jan
are being regularly spanked and embarrassed by others though; reading
it is a good way to start the day with a giggle. With thanks to
Schultz, Wright, Bowditch, Heit, Rich, Doe et al.

And where is Carole?

Perhaps she's enjoying the attentions of David Icke, and fighting
against our reptile overlords.

Cathy

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old November 13th 06, 01:52 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
[email protected]

Nina Pretty Ballerina wrote:
ps.com...

Anne Rogers wrote:
so today I went for my first visit with an American OBGYN, it was time for
my annual exam (first in my life actually, they don't call you for smears
in
my part of the UK until you are 25, so I'd never had one, but had agreed
with my GP in the UK that I'd get one before Christmas), as a result of
the
exam, he feels I must have broken [my sacrum or coccyx - see below - TDG],
or at the very least damaged and
triggered an imflamatory response, after the discussion we had, I don't
disbelieve him

snip

welcome back todd. we were wondering where you were. keep working on
brevity...

chris

Thanks Chris. The brevity thing - it's not likely in my lifetime -
LOL!
Todd

Old November 13th 06, 02:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
[email protected]

Dagny wrote:
Glad to see you again Todd.

-- Dagny

Thanks Dagny.
Todd

Old November 13th 06, 02:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
[email protected]

Leslie wrote:
Yes, it was William who was on t.v. He weighed 13 lbs. 5 oz. Since
then there seem to have been a lot of big babies--I see their pictures
online all the time--but nary a one has been a vaginal birth, let alone
a VBA3C!

Lorelei was only 11 lbs. so perhaps my record-setting days are over.
:-)

Leslie

Lorelei "only" 11 lbs - LOL!

I had forgotten that William was a VBA3C to boot.

Perhaps your record-setting days are over?

I still think it's amazing that women will go through childbirth more
than once.

Todd

Old November 13th 06, 05:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
[email protected]

Default 'Skeptic' Peter Bowditch's pretense...

"SKEPTIC" PETER BOWDITCH'S PRETENSE...

See below.

Peter Bowditch wrote:

It was only yesterday that I was wondering what had happened to Todd,
and here is he is.

Welcome back, Todd.
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Peter,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

USENET READERS:

Peter Bowditch says of his "FULL CANVAS JACKET AWARD" website
("Noteworthy Unhinged Lunatic Rants"):

"Todd Gastaldo...inspired this site..."
http://www.ratbags.com/ranters/howe010515.htm

Peter Bowditch named his award "The Toddy" (after me) - but he
eventually
renamed it the Full Canvas Jacket Award after I kept asking to show me
where
I am wrong...

Peter Bowditch subsequently wrote:

"I don't have any real problem with the issues that interest Dr
Gastaldo,
and I don't doubt his sincerity in trying to right what he sees to be a

wrong (or several wrongs). It's just that he has a somewhat unique
compositional style which may detract from the message he is trying to
convey."
http://www.ratbags.com/ranters/gastaldo000218.htm

THE PRETENSE...

Peter Bowditch in effect says he doesn't have a problem with sometimes
fatal
OB felonies against children - as he pretends that calling me and/or my
message "lunatic" will help me convey my message that these OB felonies
should end immediately.

EXCERPTED FROM: 'Skeptic' Peter Bowditch and 'nice' violent men in
white coats
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....410968631714ad

Thanks for reading.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

Old November 15th 06, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
Jan Drew

"excatholic" wrote in message

There it is again, it just pops up. NOT!

Old November 15th 06, 03:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
Leslie

Nina Pretty Ballerina wrote:

you are a medical marvel leslie!! How are your, er, bits nowadays, with all
of those births of both types...? I have had 3 x c and my abdo wall is
still subject to quite a few twinges bordering on pain etc here and there

I don't have any pain from the sections. I didn't think I would ever
recover my abdoominal strength but when I began going to the gym
regularly when William was about two I was able to work up to doing
situps and crunches again. I'm more concerned about the cosmetic
effects; I have that "apron" thing going on over the scar and I think
it won't ever look right even after losing weight. :-(

As far as the other "bits" it did take a long time to recover after
William. I tore several places as well as the episiotomy, probably
because I had an epidural and couldn't feel myself pushing and so
pushed way too hard in my determination to make it work! I couldn't
sit without a pillow for weeks, but until after Lorelei was born I just
assumed that's the way the aftermath of a vaginal birth felt! With
her, I hardly had to push at all and even with and episiotomy I felt
fine within days. It was just amazing to me!

Perhaps TMI but my husband assures me that everything has "snapped
back" to the way it was pre-William. I do have the occasional "leak"
when I sneeze but that actually did not happen until after Lorelei. I
know, I should do more Kegels.

Leslie