how far do you have to go on the big day?

Old January 13th 04, 05:35 PM
Anne Rogers

Default how far do you have to go on the big day?

5 miles, I had planned a home birth an ambulance transfer would have been
very fast, they usually station an ambulance our side of town, and it
usually takes 15 in an ambulance, by car its a different story,
thankfully I wasn't actually in labour when I went in.

Old January 13th 04, 05:38 PM
Coccinella

10 min by car. 15 if there is very heavy traffic but it's all in town (no
highways).

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 13th 04, 05:52 PM
Sue

I had a 15 minute drive with each baby.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

wrote in message
news

I have to go 20 miles away from home to have my baby... last time is was

the same.

Old January 13th 04, 07:03 PM
Angela Schepers

I guess I'm pretty lucky. DH and I will only have to drive a few miles
to get to the hospital.

For my first, I had to walk 2 blocks. For my second, it was 30 miles
(nearest birth center).

--

Tanja

Mommy to Tamara (27 Dec 1998) and
Stefan (19 May 2003)

Old January 13th 04, 07:15 PM
Sue

wrote in message
news

I have to go 20 miles away from home to have my baby... last time is was

the same.

On a good day with no AM/PM rush hour traffic, it takes about 8 minutes to
drive to the hospital.

---
EDD: 2/16/04 Baby girl
Age 39 First baby

Old January 13th 04, 08:36 PM
ted

About 20 miles from home. First time, it was a week day in the morning
rushhour. It took us 40 minutes on the tollway. When I left home I
wasn't having any contractions but by the time I went to the hospital
I had to lean on the car in the parking lot because my contractions
were so heavy. this time if my water breaks, I'll leave to the
hospital immediately. Don't want to have the baby in the car

I have to go 20 miles away from home to have my baby... last time is was the same.

I have roughly twice that to go for my hospital.

Old January 14th 04, 05:49 AM
Susanne Koenig

Twenty for me as well, but that's because there are three hospitals in my
area that are covered by my insurance plan, but the nicest one with the best
reputation is the twenty mile one. I don't think my doctors even visit the
others, they are quite a ways away from their clinic, and then the nearest
one is in a really slummy part of town. FYI, about half a block from
Graceland! (Not the nicest neighborhood, I think Elvis would be ((is?))
disappointed). The only thing nice about it is it's next door to a Krispie
Kreme, which means it's a good thing I'm not going there, eh??? (Boy, I'd
be OUT of that bed when that "HOT DONUGHTS" started flashing, sutures or
not. Wheelin' my IV in sayin', "Hey, can I have a dozen glazed?").

Incidentally, the last pregnancy--OB was across the street, the hospital was
on the corner, and went to church with the OB, where I would lean over and
ask, "Hey, can I take such-and-such for heartburn?"

Oh well... law of averages!

Sk