braxton hicks

Old February 16th 08, 10:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
april & co

Default braxton hicks

Hi

When did everybody start feeling Braxton Hicks. I've just turned 16 weeks of
pregnancy and for the last week or two I have been feeling baby kick and I
swear that I am feeling mild braxton hicks contractions so was just
wondering if this is normal.

april

Old February 17th 08, 06:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jen[_2_]

Hi April,

Technically, from my understanding, women can start having Braxton
Hicks contractions before the second trimester - but they are usually
so mild that you can not feel them. Many women start feeling them
between 20-28 weeks of pregnancy, and of course they tend to get
stronger towards the end of the pregnancy. In any event the answer to
your question is yes, it is normal )

-Jen

Old February 17th 08, 07:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_4_]

Braxton hicks occur through the entire of pregnancy they are just not
generally felt till the 2nd trimester or later, and in some cases some women
never feel them. The start from implantation, and they are a conditioning
exercise for your uterus.

Mine started at 18 weeks with Jazz and 16 weeks with Abby. Abby's in
particular were very strong from 16 weeks onwards.

Make sure you are good and hydrated as this can make them more frequent.

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
Mummy I'm not asking you, I'M TELLING YOU!!!!!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
Three now and so grown up

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old February 20th 08, 02:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

april & co schrieb:
Hi

When did everybody start feeling Braxton Hicks. I've just turned 16 weeks of
pregnancy and for the last week or two I have been feeling baby kick and I
swear that I am feeling mild braxton hicks contractions so was just
wondering if this is normal.

april

I had them early and often. My midwife calld them "massage for the baby"
;-) I guess it's normal, but if you're worried, ask your midwife/obgyn

cu
nicole
Old February 21st 08, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Feb 16, 3:11*pm, "april & co"
wrote:
Hi

When did everybody start feeling Braxton Hicks. I've just turned 16 weeks of
pregnancy and for the last week or two I have been feeling baby kick and I
swear that I am feeling mild braxton hicks contractions so was just
wondering if this is normal.

april

Not to worry, this is normal and happens when the unborn child gets a
hit of nicotine.

Old February 21st 08, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"april & co" wrote in message

Hi

When did everybody start feeling Braxton Hicks. I've just turned 16 weeks
of pregnancy and for the last week or two I have been feeling baby kick
and I swear that I am feeling mild braxton hicks contractions so was just
wondering if this is normal.

I didn't have BH with #1 or #2, but got them from about 15/16 weeks with #3.
He came out at 39 weeks so I assume this is normal and fine.
Debbie

*no* Braxton Hicks Lydia Garrett Pregnancy 11 February 17th 05 11:45 PM
Braxton Hicks bookers Pregnancy 4 February 16th 05 08:06 PM
Is it Braxton Hicks? Child Pregnancy 3 January 14th 05 08:33 PM
Braxton Hicks? CY Pregnancy 12 January 6th 05 06:27 AM
Braxton Hicks Lee Pregnancy 2 July 14th 03 02:49 PM