crawling

Old March 14th 04, 07:05 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

Default crawling

I woke up this morning to find my 7 month old in the crawl position in her
crib. She was facing the rails instead of her normal position. I
immediately jumped out of bed to make sure she didn't smack her little head
on the rails. but now I'm worried that she will do it all the time. I had
to take the bumpers out at 5 months because she was pulling on them and
would put her head between the bumpers and the rail. What can I do to keep
her safe from doing this agian.

Jennifer
Mommy of 1
Ariana 8/17/03

Old March 14th 04, 11:08 AM
Dagny

"Jennifer and Robert Howe" wrote in message
nk.net...
I woke up this morning to find my 7 month old in the crawl position in her
crib. She was facing the rails instead of her normal position. I
immediately jumped out of bed to make sure she didn't smack her little

head
on the rails. but now I'm worried that she will do it all the time. I

had
to take the bumpers out at 5 months because she was pulling on them and
would put her head between the bumpers and the rail. What can I do to keep
her safe from doing this agian.

Jennifer
Mommy of 1
Ariana 8/17/03

She is safe. You have to do the hardest thing of all, and let her grow up.
I'm not totally sure what you're worried about but I think it involves her
head-butting the crib. Well she needs to learn that if you run your head
into solid objects, it hurts. Believe me she won't be able to do it with
enough force to cause permanent damage.

It is hard (I've heard. Haven't really been there yet.)

-- Dagny
Meg's mom (10/03)

Old March 14th 04, 03:45 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jennifer and Robert Howe wrote:
I woke up this morning to find my 7 month old in the crawl position in her
crib. She was facing the rails instead of her normal position. I
immediately jumped out of bed to make sure she didn't smack her little head
on the rails. but now I'm worried that she will do it all the time. I had
to take the bumpers out at 5 months because she was pulling on them and
would put her head between the bumpers and the rail. What can I do to keep
her safe from doing this agian.

I don't think you have to do anything. She'll
likely bang her head a time or two, and then she'll figure
it out. She won't break ;-) We never used bumpers, even
from the beginning. The kids banged their heads on
occasion, but it was never a real problem.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 14th 04, 08:57 PM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

I figured I was just getting a little overly worried but to see her do it
and be like that scared me at first.

Jennifer
mommy of 1
ariana 8/17/03

Old March 14th 04, 09:27 PM
Puester

Jennifer and Robert Howe wrote:

I woke up this morning to find my 7 month old in the crawl position in her
crib. She was facing the rails instead of her normal position. I
immediately jumped out of bed to make sure she didn't smack her little head
on the rails. but now I'm worried that she will do it all the time. I had
to take the bumpers out at 5 months because she was pulling on them and
would put her head between the bumpers and the rail. What can I do to keep
her safe from doing this agian.

Absolutely nothing unless you want to tie her down, and that's
not reasonable. Get used to the fact that she's growing and
making progress. And, yes, she will smack her little head many
times, literally and figuratively. It's called experience.
Keep her safe from the big dangers and steel yourself to accept
and kiss her bumps and bruises. You can't wrap babies, toddlers,
teens, or adults in cotton wool to protect them against all of life's
dangers.

gloria p