C-Sec and swelling?

Old May 20th 04, 09:19 PM
Christine

Default C-Sec and swelling?

maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

TIA...

Old May 20th 04, 09:37 PM
Leigh Menconi

"Christine" wrote in message
maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

TIA...

It's probably from the IVs they had you hooked up to. I had the same
experience -- no swelling during pregnancy and then lots post c-section. My
doctor told me to drink lots of water which seems like it would cause more
swelling but it seemed to work.

Leigh

Old May 20th 04, 09:45 PM
Irrational Number

Christine wrote:

maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

Exact same experience. Took about a week
or two of sleeping with legs elevated on 3
pillows for the swelling to go down.

-- Anita --

Old May 20th 04, 10:15 PM
Donna

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
Christine wrote:

maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

Exact same experience. Took about a week
or two of sleeping with legs elevated on 3
pillows for the swelling to go down.

Yep. Another "me too". If you want to hasten the diuresis, you can make
yourself some fresh lemonade every day. Lemon juice is a natural diuretic.

Donna

Old May 21st 04, 12:40 AM
Angela Schepers

Normal! I had swelling in my hands, ankles and feet for around 12 days
after DS was born and I had no swelling during my pregnancy at all. It
went away on its own though I know it's kinda annoying in the meantime.
If it doesn't go away after 2-3 weeks after the birth you should
probably call your practitioner to make sure everything is fine.

Angela
DS 5/07/04

Old May 21st 04, 02:24 AM
Coccinella

Christine wrote:
maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe
on Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

TIA...

Yep! I had swelling in my feet during the pg but it got much worse after the
c-section. However 8 days exactly after the section my feet shrank. They
told me it is normal.

Pampering vibes to you and congrats again.

Love

--
Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Old May 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Sophie

"Christine" wrote in message
maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

TIA...

Nope not for me, 3 c-sections, no swelling.

Old May 23rd 04, 05:33 PM
Carol Ann

maybe this is normal with a vaginal birth OR a c-sec, but I had Chloe on
Sunday and my ankles and feet and even legs at the bottom are still
swelled.....when I prop them it helps a little, but I didnt have any
swelling the whole pregnancy......anyone else have this?

TIA...

It's been 3 days since you posted. Has the swelling gone down?

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBNnDdizZNneg ---Pictures!

Old May 23rd 04, 09:15 PM
Christine

It's been 3 days since you posted. Has the
swelling gone down?

Yep, today ( sunday ) it's finaly gone...
KOW....

hows that morgan????