Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

Old May 15th 04, 10:15 PM
Amy

Default Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

"Cheryl" wrote in message
LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

At least she gave her two middle names to choose from, I guess...
It was bad enough for a schoolmate of mine whose surname rhymed with
'banana', but actually being christened 'Apple'? Confirms that woman has
nothing between her ears.

Old May 15th 04, 11:20 PM
Daye

On Sat, 15 May 2004 21:13:49 +1000, Cheryl
wrote:

Another stupid name from another celebrity. If they had just dropped
the Apple or put it somewhere else it wouldn't be so bad.

Maybe she is going to go by Alison. Let's hope... Apple... yuck!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old May 15th 04, 11:31 PM
Iuil

"Donna" wrote

You know, I never connected it to the computer before now.

I figured it was to do with Apple Records (the Beatles' owned record label).

Gwyneth's mother is the actress Blythe Danner, so I'm assuming that Chris
Martin's mother is called Alison.

Jean

Old May 15th 04, 11:38 PM
Catherine C.

"Donna" wrote in message ...

What's really sad is that I personally know of three baby girls in my area
named "Apple" already.

sigh Not only is it stupid, it's trendy.

Donna

Ack! I was shocked! Have *never* heard of this name for a
girl...when I first heard it on tv, thought I must be wrong and was
sure it must have been "avril/avrille"...

I'm amazed that you know *three* babies with this name! OMG, what
next? lol...C.
Old May 15th 04, 11:47 PM
Jamie Clark

Apple doesn't sound remotely Asian, it sounds Produce. That's like saying
"Chair" sounds Asian. NO it doesn't. Apple is a fruit. Doi.

I'm still stunned that someone knows 3 babies named Apple. And someone else
said that they'd never heard this name for a girl -- I've never heard the
name Apple for a HUMAN.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old May 16th 04, 12:02 AM
Cathy Weeks

Clisby wrote in message ...

Oh, no. What's next? Peach? Honeydew? Kiwi?

^^^^^
laugh whoa I wonder what people were saying when my daughter was
born? Her name is Kivi, but Germans pronounce it "kiwi", and
sometimes people call her that by mistake (like my Mom).

Kivi is a Finnish name by the way. It means rock or stone.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old May 16th 04, 12:30 AM
Donna

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Apple doesn't sound remotely Asian, it sounds Produce. That's like saying
"Chair" sounds Asian. NO it doesn't. Apple is a fruit. Doi.

I think that asian names are often nouns for plants, seasons and stones:
jade peach, spring moon, winter lotus... hence the connection between the
chinese/asian babies and the name. At least, that's the only way I can
figure why I know two adopted asian babies named Apple.

Donna

Old May 16th 04, 12:36 AM
Tori M.

The only thing I can think of is that the baby was they "Apple" of their
eyes. or something corney like that.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
"Cheryl" wrote in message
LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow (news) has given
birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on
Saturday.

Paltrow, 31, and her British husband Chris Martin, 27, lead singer of
the band Coldplay, said they were "ecstatic" after the baby was
delivered on Friday following a long labor at a London hospital.

"We are 900 miles over the moon," the couple said in a statement
released by Martin's spokesman Murray Chalmers.

"We would like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after
us amazingly."

The couple named their first child Apple Blythe Alison Martin. She
weighed 9lb 11oz (4.39 kg).

"Both mother and baby are very well," the statement added. Paltrow,
who was once engaged to Brad Pitt (news) and dated actor Ben Affleck
(news), met Martin backstage at a Coldplay concert in 2002.

The couple married in a secret ceremony in southern California last
December.

Friends say Martin proved a huge support for Paltrow after the sudden
death in October 2002 of her father, film director Bruce Paltrow
(news).

Martin and the quartet Coldplay have enjoyed huge global success since
their acclaimed debut album "Parachutes" in 2000. They won a coveted
Grammy Award for "Clocks" in February.

Paltrow won a best actress Oscar for the 1998 film "Shakespeare in
Love" and recently played the late poet Sylvia Plath.

___________________

Another stupid name from another celebrity. If they had just dropped
the Apple or put it somewhere else it wouldn't be so bad. I guess the
whole waterbirth idea didn't come off either.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

Old May 16th 04, 12:49 AM
Donna

"Tori M." wrote in message
The only thing I can think of is that the baby was they "Apple" of their
eyes. or something corney like that.

Oooh - that's an interesting thought. I never considered that.

If that's the connection, it is kind of corny, I agree.

Donna

Old May 16th 04, 01:37 AM
D&K Condron

"Tori M." wrote in message
The only thing I can think of is that the baby was they "Apple" of their
eyes. or something corney like that.

Tori

At least that makes a smidgen of (twisted) sense. I could see that being
the child's pet name in the family, but to legalize it? Yikes!

Kat