Infant swimwear

Old June 3rd 04, 08:54 AM
Lil Nicky's Mom

Default Infant swimwear

If you're scared that your daughter might get sunburn during swim, have you
tried one of those swimsuits that block off 99.7% UV rays? I got 2 different
brands for my son, one is Sun Duk (which is out of business now, but lots
out there are similar), and one called Sun Smart which I like much better.
Theirs are made of a slightly different material than the rest you see out
there, but it works the same and dries much faster so my son won't get cold.
About $40CAD new, but worth every penny if your daughter plays out in the
sun all day.
Bessie

"Karen Ray-Stewart" wrote in message
m...
I would wear a diaper under those, as they are washable and not

disposable.
We have little swimmers in Canada that you take off when they get out of

the
pool and toss in the garbage. You can get her a swimming suit. I would
definatly wear something over them, nothing to do with going topless at

her
age, for me it is more to do with the ultraviolet rays from the sun, I
wouldn't want her to get burned. (I know you have likely thought of

suntan
lotion, but it is still very hot and you don't want her to get a burn.)
Karen

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Donna wrote:

You can order washable swim diapers from the Right Start catalog

(they're
also online, but I don't have a link onhand.)

They're out of business. However, One Step Ahead does
have washable swim diapers (http://www.onestepahead.com). Thanks
for posting this, though--it made me go look and I found the
bank I was looking for!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 3rd 04, 01:29 PM
Donna

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
link.net...
Donna,
So, do you use a Little Swimmers disposable swim diaper then a swimsuit
(which is what we've been doing), or do you use a fabric washable swim
diaper (with nothing underneath) and then a swimsuit? I'm just curious.

I use the disposables, because I have a lot of them. *But*.... this is the
one situation in which I would probably have been better off buying a cloth
swim diaper, instead of packets of disposables. I'm not a cloth-diaper
person, but I think for swim diapers, they are certainly more economical,
and definitely more practical (you don't have to be searching the stores in
the off-season, for example) than the disposables. When/If I use up my
stash of disposables, I'm going to buy a set of cloth swim diapers for Sarah
and her soon-to-be brother. To answer your second question, my assumption
is that the cloth works just like a disposable - just the swim diaper, over
the baby's tushie, then the swimsuit. I'm sure someone will correct me if
that assumption is incorrect.

Donna

Old June 3rd 04, 01:31 PM
Donna

[...]

As for how I dress Sarah, I put the disposable Swimmeez on her just like a
regular diaper, then put on her swimsuit. Mmy assumption

Old June 3rd 04, 01:37 PM
Donna

Default That's so odd (was: Infant swimwear)

Apparently my computer is stuttering.

Sorry about the multiple posts.

Donna

Old June 3rd 04, 01:51 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jamie Clark wrote:

These look good -- do you wear these without a diaper underneath? Do you
have the baby (girl, in this case) wear a t-shirt or just go topless? Just
curious. I don't really have a problem with topless at this age, but just
curious what other people have done.

Most of the ones at One Step Ahead have a top available
for the girls (and generally a coordinating t-shirt as well to
use as a coverup. I generally have a matching swimsuit top on
Genevieve.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 3rd 04, 02:41 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:30:18 +0000, ChitaShines wrote:

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

Nothing should be just fine, or a basic swimsuit. We've been swimming with
DS since he was 2m old, and he never ever pooped while in the water. So
just give it a try without any of those expensive things to see how she
does. Most baby's do fine.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old June 3rd 04, 02:48 PM
Nikki

Ilse Witch wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:30:18 +0000, ChitaShines wrote:

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

Nothing should be just fine, or a basic swimsuit. We've been swimming
with DS since he was 2m old, and he never ever pooped while in the
water. So just give it a try without any of those expensive things to
see how she does. Most baby's do fine.

Most pools require something but I agree, neither of mine have ever pooped
while at the pool or beach. I think even a pair of inexpensive plastic
pants under her swim suit would work. That is basically what the swim suits
are for baby and toddler boys. A pair of plastic pants sewn at the top to a
pair of swim trunks.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old June 3rd 04, 04:30 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Lil Nicky's Mom wrote:

If you're scared that your daughter might get sunburn during swim, have you
tried one of those swimsuits that block off 99.7% UV rays? I got 2 different
brands for my son, one is Sun Duk (which is out of business now, but lots
out there are similar), and one called Sun Smart which I like much better.
Theirs are made of a slightly different material than the rest you see out
there, but it works the same and dries much faster so my son won't get cold.
About $40CAD new, but worth every penny if your daughter plays out in the
sun all day.

Love them!!! I swear by the UV Suits!

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old June 3rd 04, 07:00 PM
Donna

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:30:18 +0000, ChitaShines wrote:

Any suggestions on what we should put on her bottom so her "business"
doesn't end up in the pool?

Nothing should be just fine, or a basic swimsuit. We've been swimming with
DS since he was 2m old, and he never ever pooped while in the water. So
just give it a try without any of those expensive things to see how she
does. Most baby's do fine.

Every non-personal pool I've been to requires swim diapers of some kind.
If the OP is going to be in her own pool, that's no big deal, but if it's
anything but a family pool... I'd strongly recommend swim diapers.

Sarah has never pooped in a pool, but she's certainly made a huge mess of
the bathtub on occasion. I can't think of anything more embarrassing
than scooping that kind of mess out of a public pool. shudder

Donna