First dental appt....what age?

Old November 2nd 03, 02:54 AM
shirley

Default First dental appt....what age?

DH said no, but what they want to do is introduce the kids to the
instruments in their mouth, the whole dental thing and just being there.
But they usually do clean them and give you an overview of their tooth
growth.

Shirley

"Andrea" wrote in message
Yes, we brush, no we
didn't do fluoride drops but they did get treatments each time they went

the dentist.

Shirley-

Do they get the fluoride treatments at age 3 or do they start them when

they're
older?

Thanks for the info.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 1/2 yrs. old

Old November 20th 03, 03:43 AM
JMH

as soon as they have teeth, they can go.

"Andrea" wrote in message
I have been feeling like a slack Mama for not taking my girls to the

dentist
before now, so I called my dentist to make an appt. for the girls' first

dental
check-up and was told that they don't recommend that children come in

until
they're around the age of 5. That seems *very* late to me, but I have

heard
conflicting info. on this. I've read that children should go to the dr.

when
they cut their fist tooth and I've read they should wait until they're 3

1/2.
I think I remember our ped. saying something about the age 3 for the first
dentist visit. I don't feel comfortable waiting until the children are 5

take them to the dentist....what if there's something wrong with their

teeth
and it goes undetected. What do you all think? Should I make an appt.

with a
different dentist? I wanted the girls to go to my dentist because I've

always
been very happy with him. Has anyone heard of waiting until a child is 5

take them to the dentist for the first time?

TIA,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 1/2 yrs. old

Old November 20th 03, 03:43 AM
JMH

"Andrea" wrote in message
[...]

Pinellas mass medicator Latvala (Suspected Child Abuse Report) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 9 July 28th 04 04:49 PM
The Disneyland DA and The Fluoride Deception: Did UCLA coerce dental student silence? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 June 26th 04 03:54 PM
TOOTHPASTE can kill? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 24 April 23rd 04 07:24 PM
39 week appt GoofeeGyrl Pregnancy 2 September 8th 03 04:38 AM
Sedation and dental work for toddler Jeannie General 9 August 8th 03 06:14 PM