Expecting b/g Twins

Old December 28th 03, 03:04 PM
Jack H.

Default Expecting b/g Twins

"Daddy2b" wrote in message
First time, wildly excited parents to be of boy-girl twins!! Mom is 23
wks right now and reality is slowly starting to creep in... I'm 38 and
mom is 37 and have been married 10 yrs. Went thru all processes to get
pregnant and were blessed enough to have our first invitro take.

Always nice to hear a good outcome of IVF.

Me and the missus, Lior, went through 5 rounds over 3 years.
Blessed with Abigail and Jonathan.

Just
had a check-up yesterday with the peri and we got an A+! We have
watched the ultrasound tape 5 times already since yesterday... We have
been reading posts here for awhile and finally decided to jump in. The
support here is amazing and hopefully will become regulars... Our
house looks like the library of congress with all the twin/parenting
books and this is another great resource for us.

As a new dad I found the advice and support here fantastic.
I also read Dr. Spock online.

Does anybody have any
good twin name websites? Mom and I have narrowed it down, but are
still wavering... Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you?

I knew Abigail was going to be a name if it/they/oneofthem was going to be a
girl.
It was my mother's hebrew name and since my wife didn't like the name Arlin
or Marcia (except for my mom) Anigail was heartily agreed upon.
Jonathan was more of a struggle.
I wanted Jake or Jacob but Lior though it was too close to Jack, which she
wouldnt allow, Israeli tradition is to use names of past relatives, not
living ones. So that was right out.
She wanted a modernIsraeli name and I told her that if it didn't have an
English translation she could just about forget about it.
I thought Jon (John,of which Jack is a derivative) put it in close enough
relation to my name, so it was a starting point, a default choice as it
were. Jonathan was ok for her as a start also, the Hebrew translation is G-d
gave, and after 5 IVF's he was a gift to be thankful for after all.
I imagine all the men that came before me, up to 10 or11 years ago, who were
in my kind of condition (genetic dead end) who wanted, but could never have
kids. And me with the thanks to relatively new technology... Well the name
Jonathan grew. He is a great fearless kid, (except for bath/ shower time,
but we won't get into that here).

Reading all the posts on what's to come is a little
scary, but I guess it's nice to take a peek at reality every now and
then!

Don't worry, it doesnt all come at once!
8~J

Luck to all,

And to you two too!!!

Dad2b

Jack
life changed again
9/10/02

Old January 9th 04, 06:50 PM
multimom4

We had Hanna's name sorted out by about 12 weeks -- maybe it was made easier
because for technical reasons they thought we might be unlikely to have a
girl. The boys were not named til they were three days old, although
obviously we had some ideas. Elliot was a name we chose in 1992 and then
forgot about til I came across that old list stuffed into the back of the
baby name book. Found it as I was searching anxiously just the week before
they were born, and saw it was our #1 pick back in '92, so it suddenly
emerged at the front of the pack!! Connor was an on-again, off-again choice
for months.

Holly was my favorite name forever but dh vetoed it the first time around.
Guess I just wore him down.

--Janet
Elliot Joseph Griffin, Hanna Elizabeth Bonnie, Connor Edward Ison (10/21/96)
and Holly Alexandra Eden (4/4/01)

"Daddy2b" wrote in message
First time, wildly excited parents to be of boy-girl twins!! Mom is 23
wks right now and reality is slowly starting to creep in... I'm 38 and
mom is 37 and have been married 10 yrs. Went thru all processes to get
pregnant and were blessed enough to have our first invitro take. Just
had a check-up yesterday with the peri and we got an A+! We have
watched the ultrasound tape 5 times already since yesterday... We have
been reading posts here for awhile and finally decided to jump in. The
support here is amazing and hopefully will become regulars... Our
house looks like the library of congress with all the twin/parenting
books and this is another great resource for us. Does anybody have any
good twin name websites? Mom and I have narrowed it down, but are
still wavering... Did you know the names when you heard them or did
they grow on you? Reading all the posts on what's to come is a little