Any NZ Shortland street fans? (Yes, it is on topic!)

Old June 28th 04, 02:04 AM
Cathy

Default Any NZ Shortland street fans? (Yes, it is on topic!)

Unadulterated Me wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Having seen the final episode of Friends, with Erica giving birth
lying on a bed (as did Rachelk many episodes earlier), I was
expecting to see much the same from Waverley. How surprising then
that she got to hospital, was on the bed for having her BP taken,
and then spent the rest of the time upright and leaning on the bed.
It made such a change to see a birth as I would like to have one
(not in bed)!!

Cathy

Are you a kiwi too? I'm in Wellington :-)
I didn't see it because I can't stand Shortland Street but it sounds
like a nice change from the stereo typical hospital birth scene :-)

Yep, I'm in Tauranga. I only watch Shortland Street because sometimes it is
nice to have junk t.v. on (and I'm a sucker for any baby scenes at the
moment, hence Friends and E.R)! The scene certainly wasn't stereotypical,
which amazed me. Especially as one a few weeks earlier was the typical woman
lying on a bed scene.

Cathy

Old June 29th 04, 12:02 AM
Kirsty

"Cathy" wrote in message ...
Unadulterated Me wrote:
Cathy wrote:

How surprising then
that she got to hospital, was on the bed for having her BP taken,
and then spent the rest of the time upright and leaning on the bed.
It made such a change to see a birth as I would like to have one
(not in bed)!!

Cathy

I agree about the labour, but did you check out the "newborn" baby?
When Waverly was handed the baby - about 5 seconds after the birth -
it had clearly somehow managed to have a very thorough bath (aside
from an artistic streak of red on its forehead). And it looked at
least three months old! I mean, I know Waverly was late - but surely
not that late?

Kirsty - mummy to DD aged 11 weeks
Old June 29th 04, 02:10 AM
Cathy

Kirsty wrote:
"Cathy" wrote in message
Unadulterated Me wrote:
Cathy wrote:

How surprising then
that she got to hospital, was on the bed for having her BP taken,
and then spent the rest of the time upright and leaning on the bed.
It made such a change to see a birth as I would like to have one
(not in bed)!!

Cathy

I agree about the labour, but did you check out the "newborn" baby?
When Waverly was handed the baby - about 5 seconds after the birth -
it had clearly somehow managed to have a very thorough bath (aside
from an artistic streak of red on its forehead). And it looked at
least three months old! I mean, I know Waverly was late - but surely
not that late?

Kirsty - mummy to DD aged 11 weeks

Yes, I had to laugh at that. But I do see that Waverley still has a bit of
a jelly-belly, so they're trying to get some things right!!

Cathy

Old June 29th 04, 10:49 PM
rangitotogirl

Default Any NZ Shortland street fans? (Yes, it is on topic!) (MC Mentioned)

I agree about the labour, but did you check out the "newborn" baby?
When Waverly was handed the baby - about 5 seconds after the birth -
it had clearly somehow managed to have a very thorough bath (aside
from an artistic streak of red on its forehead). And it looked at
least three months old! I mean, I know Waverly was late - but surely
not that late?

But was she late though? She only found out she was pregnant in the final
episodes before Christmas. She'd had a miscarriage probably only about 6
weeks beforehand. She only just started getting signs of morning sickness
around that time so assuming she got pregnant straight away that means she
should have been due early August.

Of course TV always seems to speed up pregnancies.

Old July 11th 04, 12:12 PM
Maggie

Cathy spake thusly
Having seen the final episode of Friends, with Erica giving birth lying on a
bed (as did Rachelk many episodes earlier), I was expecting to see much the
same from Waverley. How surprising then that she got to hospital, was on
the bed for having her BP taken, and then spent the rest of the time upright
and leaning on the bed. It made such a change to see a birth as I would
like to have one (not in bed)!!

Any more details? I've just come back from holidaying in the UK and now
totally out of touch with SS. Quick synopsis of the last four weeks..?
:
--
Maggie
Old July 12th 04, 02:09 AM
Cathy

Maggie wrote:
Cathy spake thusly
Having seen the final episode of Friends, with Erica giving birth
lying on a bed (as did Rachelk many episodes earlier), I was
expecting to see much the same from Waverley. How surprising then
that she got to hospital, was on the bed for having her BP taken,
and then spent the rest of the time upright and leaning on the bed.
It made such a change to see a birth as I would like to have one
(not in bed)!!

Any more details? I've just come back from holidaying in the UK and
now totally out of touch with SS. Quick synopsis of the last four
weeks..? :

Um, it tends to sort of go in one ear and out the other with me - not a
programme worth remembering! Waverley had a baby girl, hence the initial
discussion. No mention of her breastfeeding, but I suppose she is. With
Shannon's baby they had a few scenes of Shannon trying to latch the baby on.
Sticky is flatting with Toni, and of course Barb has the wrong idea. And
Dom is back, running the new plastics unit. I can't actually remember any
more - does the TVNZ website have anything, if you really want to find out?

Cathy

Old July 13th 04, 10:20 AM
Maggie

Cathy spake thusly
Maggie wrote:
Any more details? I've just come back from holidaying in the UK and
now totally out of touch with SS. Quick synopsis of the last four
weeks..? :

Um, it tends to sort of go in one ear and out the other with me - not a
programme worth remembering! Waverley had a baby girl, hence the initial
discussion. No mention of her breastfeeding, but I suppose she is. With
Shannon's baby they had a few scenes of Shannon trying to latch the baby on.
Sticky is flatting with Toni, and of course Barb has the wrong idea. And
Dom is back, running the new plastics unit. I can't actually remember any
more - does the TVNZ website have anything, if you really want to find out?

I was sad to miss Waverley's birth, but not too worried about the rest
really. TVNZ site only has the short teaser stuff for each ep, not a
rundown of what happened. Watched last night and managed to figure out
most of it anyway!
--
Maggie

one the name topic alissa Pregnancy 5 January 28th 04 06:41 PM
very stupid question, off topic Christine Pregnancy 7 November 25th 03 11:40 PM
Q for the Dharma fans P. Tierney General 21 November 7th 03 12:12 AM