New Meaning to Toe-Curlingly Painful

Old September 29th 03, 09:55 PM
Alison

Default New Meaning to Toe-Curlingly Painful

Due to my nips being so painful cos of the thrush, I tipped Ro in closer to
me, tilting my lap by tip-toeing my feet. 7 or 8 times a day and 15 weeks
later my big toenail on both feet has decided to puncture the skin on the
side of my big toes and it's now all inflammed and infected. Nice. When
someone said that breastfeeding for them had been a toe-curlingly painful
experience, little did I realise just how many parts of your body could
bring this feeling on. Can't walk atall today which is a tad inconvenient
cos it's Monday and DP is back to work. Doc has prescribed some antibiotics
so hopefully all will be better in a few days (though the thrush will have a
field day I suspect).

My feeling currently is that I'd rather give birth 1000 times than go
through another b/feeding experience. I'll stick with this for Ro but it
puts me off having another one. I can empathise with the post 'So Why Am I
Doing This Again'. I'll go n grump somewhere quietly.

Old September 30th 03, 01:31 AM
JennP

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
Due to my nips being so painful cos of the thrush, I tipped Ro in closer

me, tilting my lap by tip-toeing my feet. 7 or 8 times a day and 15 weeks
later my big toenail on both feet has decided to puncture the skin on the
side of my big toes and it's now all inflammed and infected. Nice. When
someone said that breastfeeding for them had been a toe-curlingly painful
experience, little did I realise just how many parts of your body could
bring this feeling on. Can't walk atall today which is a tad inconvenient
cos it's Monday and DP is back to work. Doc has prescribed some

antibiotics
so hopefully all will be better in a few days (though the thrush will have

field day I suspect).

I'm so sorry about the pain from your ingrown toenail, but why didn't you
get a stepstool? Wouldn't that have helped elevate your knees?

Hopefully the thrush is under control now and the antibiotics will not bring
it back.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old September 30th 03, 02:41 PM
JoAnna

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
[...]

when there isn't a stool handy i cross my legs so my higher leg is on the
side of her head - i've done the tippytoe thing and got cramped calves. (