Updates? News? Let's hear it!

Old November 8th 04, 03:21 AM
Cele

Default Updates? News? Let's hear it!

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 02:42:18 GMT, 'Kate
wrote:

Over the back fence:

My sister emailed. She said our brother's wife (SIL) is dialating.
:-) My brother's third daughter, my third neice. He doesn't mind the
harem. I'm glad I'm not the one having the baby!

Exciting stuff, but I'm with you. Glad I'm not having a baby! I
finally have my baby in her graduation year......

She sent along the caption to a cartoon that she saw and it reminded
her of me so I'm posting it for you guys: Being parents of teenagers
is like carrying a piano on our backs but being a single parent of
teens is like trying to catch a piano from 3 floors up...

Too true......and all the time, trying to *not break it*.

The fall semester ends in 5 weeks. I can't believe Christmas is
nearly here and Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks. If I blink, will it be
2005?

Probably. I blinked recently and my baby entered grade 12. LOL

Love to hear from everyone... updates, gossip, etc.

OK, lessee....

Paul and I have bought our tickets to New York for Christmas. Maybe
we'll get time to post over the season and let you all know how we're
liking it. Pete and T are very impressed that we've actually bought
the tickets and are really going. Anyone else going to be in NYC for
Christmas, and fancy a get together?

T is doing really well. She's just finished her senior work experience
and got an A. They were very impressed with her, and it did her no end
of good to have such a fine evaluation.

We moved out of my parents' place and into our own 2 bedroom apartment
and it's working out well. We're right on public transit and I
*finally* have a short commute to work.

Work is challenging, at times frustrating, and interesting. It's quite
something starting a whole new programme and while the responsibility
is huge, so are the potential rewards. We're gradually beating the
challenges into submission and I'm starting to feel like we can really
do something good for kids, which is a good feeling.

D and M moved out of my parents' place a couple of weeks ago and are
very happy in their new, 3br apartment. They're both working, which is
good. I think that D will get bored eventually and go back to
university, but if she doesn't, it's her life. As long as she's happy
and functioning well, I'm not complaining.

Last week, on Friday, she piled up her car. On Monday, someone drove
into mine. And on Monday night, T got mugged. So life continues
lively, but we continue to stay on top of it. :-)

I think we're all *really* looking forward to Christmas this year.

Cele
Old November 8th 04, 01:12 PM
Tiffany

wrote:

[...]

I was considering driving to my brother's in PA. I'm not certain yet.
I really would like to meet my new neice. I doubt I'll get to the
city though... drats. Maybe another time.

What part of PA? Maybe we could meet up???

Old November 8th 04, 01:15 PM
Tiffany

wrote:

[...]

NYC.... nah...... not me. I enjoy the big cities but not on holidays.

T is doing really well. She's just finished her senior work experience
and got an A. They were very impressed with her, and it did her no end
of good to have such a fine evaluation.

We moved out of my parents' place and into our own 2 bedroom apartment
and it's working out well. We're right on public transit and I
*finally* have a short commute to work.

Cool fo ryou! Congrads on all the good news.

Work is challenging, at times frustrating, and interesting. It's quite
something starting a whole new programme and while the responsibility
is huge, so are the potential rewards. We're gradually beating the
challenges into submission and I'm starting to feel like we can really
do something good for kids, which is a good feeling.

D and M moved out of my parents' place a couple of weeks ago and are
very happy in their new, 3br apartment. They're both working, which is
good. I think that D will get bored eventually and go back to
university, but if she doesn't, it's her life. As long as she's happy
and functioning well, I'm not complaining.

Last week, on Friday, she piled up her car. On Monday, someone drove
into mine. And on Monday night, T got mugged. So life continues
lively, but we continue to stay on top of it. :-)

I don't recall exactly what you and Paul paln.... (he moves here, you move
there) BUT...... you might want to consider moving farther away from where
ever you are. lol Your posts keep reminding me of why not to move to
canada, besides the snow and cold. lol

Old November 8th 04, 01:24 PM
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
Over the back fence:

My sister emailed. She said our brother's wife (SIL) is dialating.
:-) My brother's third daughter, my third neice. He doesn't mind the
harem. I'm glad I'm not the one having the baby!

She sent along the caption to a cartoon that she saw and it reminded
her of me so I'm posting it for you guys: Being parents of teenagers
is like carrying a piano on our backs but being a single parent of
teens is like trying to catch a piano from 3 floors up...

The fall semester ends in 5 weeks. I can't believe Christmas is
nearly here and Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks. If I blink, will it be
2005?

Love to hear from everyone... updates, gossip, etc.

Cheers!
'Kate

PS... Joelle... you are missed.

Congrads on the newest baby in the family.

News here....... S is leaving tomorrow for a few days to go meet her
half-brother. She is very excited. Her Grandparents are picking her up on
the way down there so she will also have the chance to become spoiled while
she is with them. They even got her her OWN hotel room, you know, so she has
privacy. (Maybe it is they that want privacy???lol) The mother of the baby
won't be there though. She went into a drug rehab program. I wasn't aware
she had such intense drug issues but apparently she does. That helped solve
some issues, like S going with her over Thanksgiving. I said no. But she did
have some milestones. First off, had the baby..... must have been tough, she
had a C-section the complications. Second off, the doctors put her on strong
pain meds. (That is how she worded it..... not she took pain meds, the
doctors put HER on them.) Third, S's fathers birthday just past as well as
some meeting anniversary for the mom and dad. Anyways, her parents are
taking care of the little one for now so the visit can go on as planned. I
told S about the mom going into rehab and she didn't like the news to much
but also didn't comment at this point. I did point out that she is doing the
right thing in getting help and better now then later.

But I am looking forward to my week. Hey Paul...... up for a drive??? lol

Old November 8th 04, 06:24 PM
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:24:51 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

Congrads on the newest baby in the family.

Thanks! I'm so glad it's a neice! I can't wait to hear what they
name ner.

[...]

That sounds a lot like things are turning a corner for everyone. The
mother's getting taken care of, the baby is safe, S will have some
closure WRT the baby, her father, and the baby's mother, and she'll
spend some time with her grandparents.

But I am looking forward to my week. Hey Paul...... up for a drive???
lol

And... you'll have time to um.. relax or whatever

thinking... *every* damn thread? -joke.

'Kate

lol... actually I will be working lots! Have fun??? What the heck is that?
Isn't work fun???

Old November 9th 04, 01:25 AM
Public and Media Relations Service

A Gift Shop Just For Non-Custodial Fathers! Please check out this new online
gift shop designed exclusively for non-custodial fathers! Thank You!

http://www.cafepress.com/dadshurt2
Old November 9th 04, 02:02 AM
..:T:..

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:15:50 -0500, "Tiffany"
claimed:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Heh. I've never been to NYC. No idea whether I'll enjoy it
for Christmas or not. But it seems to have lots going on,
and let's face it, I'm really going for the people....:-)

T is doing really well. She's just finished her senior work experience
and got an A. They were very impressed with her, and it did her no end
of good to have such a fine evaluation.

We moved out of my parents' place and into our own 2 bedroom apartment
and it's working out well. We're right on public transit and I
*finally* have a short commute to work.

Cool fo ryou! Congrads on all the good news.

Heh, thanks. It was a desperate move, believe me.

[...]

He's moving here, at the end of the school year.

BUT...... you might want to consider moving farther away from where
ever you are. lol Your posts keep reminding me of why not to move to
canada, besides the snow and cold. lol

This is Canada's bananna belt. We get far less snow and cold
here than anywhere else.

What else have I said that makes you think Canada's a bad
place to live?

Cele
Old November 9th 04, 02:40 AM
Tiffany

"..:T:.." wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:15:50 -0500, "Tiffany"
claimed:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Muggings...... that sticks out. One tends not to get mugged where I live.
lol

Oh I know it goes on everywhere. Don't get to upset because I was down on
Canada. It was just a comment.

Old November 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:24:18 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

lol... actually I will be working lots! Have fun??? What the heck is that?
Isn't work fun???

Now I'm disappointed. I thought there was a possibility for yet
another assp romance.

Oh well.

'Kate

Trust me when I say I would not share that here. lol

Old November 9th 04, 04:51 AM
Cele

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:40:43 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

One tends not to get mugged here, too.

Oh I know it goes on everywhere. Don't get to upset because I was down on
Canada. It was just a comment.

Not to worry, Tiffany. Your comment hasn't shattered my perception of
either my country or yours. :-)

Cele