Very early labor/ bored bored bored VENT.

Old July 14th 06, 06:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
JJ

Default Very early labor/ bored bored bored VENT.

I'm due monday and have been having contractions now for about 24
hours, mild, every 10-15 minutes, but have stalled out several times
for a couple of hours each And I am SO BORED!!!! With DD this stage
only lasted about 12 hours. DD is 23 months, and went to the
grandparents last night, and I sent DH back to work this AM since his
time off doesn't start til next week and he needed to catch up on
things to be able to really take off. Not that I really need anyone
here, I have friends and neighbors and everything (in-laws, hospital
etc) is within 5 minutes. Plus, like I said, the contractions are very
mild so far. I know I should relax and enjoy my last few hours of
peace and quite for a while but I am so restless. The in-laws
understandably don't want to relinquish DD since they have fun with
her, and it makes sense to just let her stay there since she is happy,
and we already said our big goodbye and had the big explanation and all
that. I miss her, but I don't want to confuse her by bringing her home
for just a few hours, then turning around and heading back. I think
she kind of understands, she talks about "baby brother" and points out
his stuff, like "baby brother seat" "baby brother bed" "baby in tummy,"
etc.....

Sorry, this is kind of a pointless post.

JJ

Old July 14th 06, 07:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

"JJ" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

hmm, tricky to know when to get rid of the older sibling and if you went
fairly swiftly in to full on labour before then there would be no reason to
expect otherwise this time, but on the other hand so many people seem to
have much more nigglings beforehand that it can be difficult to know when!

I guess just now I'd get some cooking done, stews, casserole, stuff you can
freeze easily, wash your bedlinen, that kind of thing. Then if by tomorrow
morning nothing further has happened get your DD back, probably will act as
the sure thing to set you off fully!

Good Luck

Anne

Old July 14th 06, 09:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

JJ wrote:
[...]

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is for you,
and I'm sorry to say this, but I wouldn't take it as gospel
you're in early labor. I had that sort of thing go on for
more than a *week* with #2, and longer still with #3. If
I were in your shoes, I'd carry on like I wasn't in labor
at all and get everyone off of alert status. It's possible
you could be in early labor, but I wouldn't bet the farm.

Best wishes,
Ericka