Which Baby Bath do you use? (if any)

Old September 8th 03, 02:37 AM
Rob and Laura

Default Which Baby Bath do you use? (if any)

For Izabella I use a bath ring that goes in the tub. Its so great I love
getting in the bath with her and watch her play. Her bath ring has toys
over it as well so she can play.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

"Wendy J." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am curious to know what Baby Bath you use and if you don't use one,
how do you bath your dd/ds?

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)

Old September 8th 03, 03:22 AM
Spanannie

We have the EuroTub by Primo and DS loves it!!! DH (who does the bathing)
is a huge fan of it too.

Annie
Zach 6.19.02

Old September 8th 03, 04:14 AM
iphigenia

Wendy J. wrote:
Hi,

I am curious to know what Baby Bath you use and if you don't use one,
how do you bath your dd/ds?

From 0-2 months, DS came in the shower with one of us. At 2 months, he just
started going in the regular bathtub - first laying down with his head on a
folded washrag, then sitting up with a mat in the tub.

Now at age 2, we're often back to him showering with me : )

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 8th 03, 05:47 AM
azure

"Wendy J." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I am curious to know what Baby Bath you use and if you don't use one,
how do you bath your dd/ds?

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)

I also ditched the baby bath for bathing with her, in very deep warm water.
Lovely, my favourite time of day.

Cheers,

Leah

---

Old September 8th 03, 10:31 AM
HollyLewis

I am curious to know what Baby Bath you use and if you don't use one,
how do you bath your dd/ds?

I am not a bath person, so the idea of bathing with the baby never appealed.
DS has been in the shower with me a few times, but I worry about holding onto a
slippery kid in the shower.

At first, we used a hard plastic baby tub inherited from a neighbor; I've no
idea what brand or model it was but it worked fine. The standard sort of thing
with a sloped bottom. We didn't use it more than once a week; in between we
just used a folded towel on the counter to give DS a wipedown with a washcloth.

I have a number of friends who swear by those bear-shaped sponge things,
usually used in the kitchen sink.

When DS could sit up on his own, we got an inflatable tub and loved, loved,
loved it. Compared to using the regular full size bathtub, it's a softer, more
comfortable and safe surface, and saves on water and energy. Plus, they're
cute -- some of DS' first words were learned by looking at the ducks, frogs,
seals, bubbles and splashes printed on the tub. And you can deflate it for
travel, which is especially nice if you're going somewhere that only has a
shower. Well worth the $15 or so it cost; lasts from about 6 months (or as
soon as the baby can sit up unsupported) to about 20-24 months (or when the kid
just gets too big for it).

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
Old September 8th 03, 02:00 PM
Wendy J.

Hmmm, sounds like fun. Where did you get it from? Do you have a
picture of it or is there a picture of it on the web?

Thanks!

Wendy J.

\
Old September 8th 03, 02:05 PM
Clisby

Wendy J. wrote:
Hi,

I am curious to know what Baby Bath you use and if you don't use one,
how do you bath your dd/ds?

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)

When my son was a baby, I just folded a thick towel, laid it in the
bathtub, and put enough water in the tub to barely cover it. I then put
the baby on the towel and washed him. Even after he could sit up
well, I used the towel to provide traction until he was maybe 9 or 10
months old.

Clisby

Old September 8th 03, 02:11 PM
Robert Goodman

HollyLewis wrote in part:

"I have a number of friends who swear by those bear-shaped sponge
things,
usually used in the kitchen sink."

Doesn't anyone use the kitchen sink just plain any more?

Old September 8th 03, 02:40 PM
iphigenia

Wendy J. wrote:
Hmmm, sounds like fun. Where did you get it from? Do you have a
picture of it or is there a picture of it on the web?

http://www.babyant.com/bh012043.html

So they're still selling these, then - when I was pregnant with Gabe there
was a big thing on misc.kids.pregnancy about kids drowning in them and a
possible ban. Apparently some parents were leaving kids unattended in
them...

Old September 8th 03, 02:43 PM
iphigenia

Robert Goodman wrote:

Doesn't anyone use the kitchen sink just plain any more?

I never used the kitchen sink; I'm just squicked by the idea of putting a
baby in the same place where dirty dishes go, even if it's been scrubbed.
Probably it's just a mental hangup with no basis in fact (like my fear of
spiders), but there it is.