Storage Solutions for Toys??

Old August 14th 03, 04:52 AM
Andrea

Default Storage Solutions for Toys??

I am looking for ideas for inexpensive, but attractive, storage containers
(preferably in pastel colors or clear). They need to be sturdy enough to
withstand abuse from my active twins, but not so sturdy that they can cause
damage if banged up against the wall.

I thought I had the perfect toy chest for the play room. It's a large, sturdy
wicker chest made to store things like blankets and pillows. It made a great
toy box until Madison & Jordan discovered they can drag it around the room and
smash the lid into the walls. It has a metal latch on it and they ended up
leaving marks and large dents on the walls. I was *not* a happy camper.
I removed it from the play room, so now we have no storage for the toys. I
can't figure out how they moved it. I can barely move it when it's empty. It
must have been a team effort on their part.

TIA,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old
Old August 15th 03, 02:59 PM
Kender

Get clear Rubbermaid containers. So much easier to see the contents. We have
simply built shelves along one wall. We tried to put a curtain in front of
them at one point but Evan pulled it down right away. Since it is a playroom
I wouldn't worry so much about hiding the toys away. I find they actually
make less of a mess if they can see them all and don't have to get out
things they don't need. We have one of these and I love it!!!!!!
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...=sr_1_2/602-89
84381-3220663?asin=B000066PQV
It's great for organizing all the pointless little toys such as cars, doctor
stuff, tea cups, small characters etc.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old August 17th 03, 01:23 AM
multimom4

I looked at the webpage -- I have twice now bought something very similar
from Costco and then returned it unopened -- I think my kids would just take
those 12 bins and toss them round the room adding to the mess (it would be a
freight train or some such in their minds, PERHAPS, but it would still just
be a mess to me). Doesn't that happen to you?

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old August 20th 03, 05:05 AM
Kender

Doesn't happen. If my kids don't do it, then yours might not either. Our
kids seem to be on the same wavelength. We've have had an instance or two
where Evan decided to dump them all out in a pile but he stopped once he saw
my face.

We bought our's at Costco also. I think the girls were about 6 months old. I
love it. It's so great for all the extra crap that I can't figure out where
to put. Let's see, we have a bin for McDonald's toys, one for Hot Wheels,
one for tea cups, one for doctor supplies, one for musical instruments, etc.
Of course, I need to reorganize them every 6 months or so. They just take
the bin and dump it out and later put it all away after I yell at them to do
so. I have been very happy with this shelving system.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97