Update of all updates

Old May 6th 04, 06:30 AM
Cele

Default Am I boring you all?

On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:17:48 +1000, quietguy
wrote:

Just a thought - if others in this group are getting sick of the David and
Paul thing, let me know - hate to intrude too much.

David

I kind of like your posts. For what that's worth. Not that I post much
myself.

Cele
Old May 6th 04, 08:21 AM
Paul Fritz

news
wrote:

Just a thought - if others in this group are getting sick of the David

and
Paul thing, let me know - hate to intrude too much.

David

You're asking two questions -- are we bored with the David and Paul
thing (yes) and are we bored with you (no).

Cripes he is self centered

lm, speaking only for herself

Old May 6th 04, 01:20 PM
Lisa

Default Update of all updates

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:01:40 +1000, quietguy

Hi Kate

'Kate wrote

Actually, it does. Why *are* you hanging out in this group?
Slumming?

Due to crook heart etc had to retire from work, and am currently on a

disability
allowance - so like to keep (mentally) active - I do lots of pro-bono

work and am
in the process (if my latest heart op is successful) of setting up an

online
counselling service. Started last year but heart attacks etc slowed

things down.
Hope to get back to it soon and complete the site
(www.confidential-counselling.com)

Good for you! But sorry about the heart problems.
Hey... got any job openings? kidding

I also have a soft sport for sole parents too I guess - apart from my

professional
interests, I was a sole parent myself from about 1976 to 1985 -and was

very active
in the Parents Without Partners organisation etc, and most of the friends

I made in
that period were sole parents.

And you married again? Glutton for punishment, eh? (my apologies to
those of you who are about to or have married again).

'Kate

No raining on my parade Kate!

Lisa

Old May 6th 04, 03:43 PM
Lisa

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Thu, 6 May 2004 08:20:13 -0400, "Lisa"

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

I was thinking of you when I wrote that! So... remind me, when's the
celebration?

BTW I'm not terribly marriage-aversive... I'm just overly protective of
my independence. I think it's just fine for other people.

'Kate

The wedding date is September 18th. Remember that day ages ago we were
chatting in IRC, I showed you where the reception was going to be? Well,
the ballroom is indeed booked, and it's going to be a lovely spot.

It will also be a special reunion, we haven't seen any of my mother's family
for at least 4 or 5 years. Everyone is quite excited.

Lisa

Old May 6th 04, 11:42 PM
quietguy

Hi Cele

I agree it is a great concept, and if well run is a real source for networking and
having fun. The braches I was involved with in Sydney (no longer live there tho - I
escaped to paradise (well to me anyway) 12 years ago, had a range of activities - a
Sunday picnic which was especially good for weekend dads and for kids with no male
figures intheir life - Saturday night dances for the grownups, tennis etc, bus trips,
Christmas parties.

Other people often got the idea tho - maybe a bit like your dad - that it was a 'meat
market'.

cheers

David

Old May 7th 04, 12:12 AM
Heywood Floyd

"quietguy" wrote in message
Hi Cele

I agree it is a great concept, and if well run is a real source for

networking and
having fun. The braches I was involved with in Sydney (no longer live

there tho - I
escaped to paradise (well to me anyway) 12 years ago, had a range of

activities - a
Sunday picnic which was especially good for weekend dads and for kids with

no male
figures intheir life - Saturday night dances for the grownups, tennis etc,

bus trips,
Christmas parties.

Other people often got the idea tho - maybe a bit like your dad - that it

was a 'meat
market'.

Meat market is not necessarily a bad thing... eg
Fortunately, at the beach where I live, there is a terrible shortage of
decent guys who have a drivers license, don't get stoned, are financially
secure and care about kids. I have three young lovelies in my sights. It's
been over a year since my wife died, so it's "Look out ladies!" This time
I'm gonna try for a younger woman; the last two were older than I. I'm
fighting that 3% chance of getting married after age 40 tooth and nail.
AAMOF, the gal across the street is kinda like a miniature Dolly Parton;
she's 4'5", 70 lbs max, long blonde hair to her tiny little waist, and as
sweet and nice as the day is long. I sit next to her in church. She has the
palest eyes I have ever seen; I still don't know if they are blue, green, or
grey..... I can't tell. If there are any praying people out there, pray for
me/her/us. This is one of those situations that is "too good to be true".
And no, she's not a transvestite, she has a 4 yr old and I just happen to
have a fifth bedroom that a kid would love..... :-)
Adieu,
Bob

Old May 7th 04, 04:38 AM
lm

On Thu, 06 May 2004 23:12:25 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"
wrote:

"quietguy" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, Bob, your mind sure does wander when you're in church! :-)

lm
Old May 7th 04, 06:15 AM
Cele

On Fri, 07 May 2004 08:42:47 +1000, quietguy
wrote:

Hi Cele

I agree it is a great concept, and if well run is a real source for networking and
having fun. The braches I was involved with in Sydney (no longer live there tho - I
escaped to paradise (well to me anyway) 12 years ago, had a range of activities - a
Sunday picnic which was especially good for weekend dads and for kids with no male
figures intheir life - Saturday night dances for the grownups, tennis etc, bus trips,
Christmas parties.

Other people often got the idea tho - maybe a bit like your dad - that it was a 'meat
market'.

cheers

David

Sounds just like I remember. Wish I'd thought to look for them when
*I* was in Sydney, but it never occured to me. I guess I thought it'd
gone altogether.

Ah well.

Cele
Old May 7th 04, 01:31 PM
Heywood Floyd

"lm" wrote
Wow, Bob, your mind sure does wander when you're in church! :-)

She =is= terribly distracting. Prettiest gal I've seen in 20 years. But,
I am doing a good job so far of containing my lust; after being married 16
years I'm a bit out of practice! ;-) I'm also not a teenager any more so the
raging hormones are a thing of the past. ALSO!!! Have you ever noticed how
all the really beautiful things in this world are dangerous, like poison
dart frogs? or my first wife?! I think this is God's way of saying, "Stay
away from =that=!" LOL!!! My daughter also has a teacher who is just as
plain Jane as the day is long, but I really like her too. Looks aren't
everything. My late wife was 5'8" and about 200+ lbs, and the sweetest woman
who ever drew breath.....
I also caught your note about being heavily armed. I do not have =any=
firearms in the house now. I used to live in a =horrible= neighborhood while
we saved enough money to buy the really nice place I've got now. People used
to do drugs, have fights or even have sex out in our yard at night! You wake
up in the morning and go out to water the garden and there's syringes and
condoms in the yard...... =That= and my insane brother is why I had all
that.
See ya,
Bob
--
"Revenge is so popular because, while it is
sweet, it is not fattening." - Alfred Hitchcock

Old May 7th 04, 02:13 PM
lm

On Fri, 07 May 2004 12:31:53 GMT, "Heywood Floyd"
wrote:

"lm" wrote
Wow, Bob, your mind sure does wander when you're in church! :-)

She =is= terribly distracting. Prettiest gal I've seen in 20 years. But,
I am doing a good job so far of containing my lust; after being married 16
years I'm a bit out of practice! ;-)

Nothing wrong with flights of fancy to get yourself back into the
mood.

I'm also not a teenager any more so the
raging hormones are a thing of the past. ALSO!!! Have you ever noticed how
all the really beautiful things in this world are dangerous, like poison
dart frogs? or my first wife?! I think this is God's way of saying, "Stay
away from =that=!" LOL!!! My daughter also has a teacher who is just as
plain Jane as the day is long, but I really like her too. Looks aren't
everything. My late wife was 5'8" and about 200+ lbs, and the sweetest woman
who ever drew breath.....

I'm about as plain as jane gets myself. Nice that you see more than
surface beauty.

I also caught your note about being heavily armed. I do not have =any=
firearms in the house now. I used to live in a =horrible= neighborhood while
we saved enough money to buy the really nice place I've got now. People used
to do drugs, have fights or even have sex out in our yard at night! You wake
up in the morning and go out to water the garden and there's syringes and
condoms in the yard...... =That= and my insane brother is why I had all
that.

Sucks when *other people* are the ones having sex in your front yard,
doesn't it? :-)

lm