Transverse Breech Questions

Old October 29th 05, 08:45 PM
Anne Rogers

Default Transverse Breech Questions

found it

http://www.radmid.demon.co.uk/hand.htm

Anne

Old October 31st 05, 09:45 PM

Purple Gal writes:

: You are correct... I should have referred to it as transverse lie.

: You could try some of the techniques listed at
: http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breech.html

: Thank you for the website. I tried several of the techniques already. I
: hope they help!

You can try the assisted shoulder stand. Our baby was transverse at
34 weeks, and we successfully used the technique to turn her vertex.

Larry
Old November 2nd 05, 04:29 AM
carl jones

"Purple Gal" wrote in message
Hello,

I am new to posting to this NG. I participate mainly in
alt.infertility.pregnancy. Anyway, I am 36 weeks pregnant as of today. I
had an u/s yesterday and my baby is in transverse breech position. It was
suggested to me to post about this in this NG by another member in
alt.infertility.pregnancy.

Transverse breech position? Is the baby tranverse or breech? Perhaps you had
better check with your heatlh care provider. A breech baby can be delivered
vaginally by a midwife or physician skilled in this type of birth. Midwives
are usually the more skilled at breech delivery. A transverse baby cannot
be.

To turn the baby to a head down position, might try elevating the buttocks
about six inhches or pelvic rocks. Also see yoga for turning a breech. (see
if you can do a search for that; One person here, Larry McMahon, has some
excellent material on the web for turing a breech). Try visualizing the baby
turning or even clothes turning in the dryer while you do your breech
exercise.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Carl