Falling Down

Old November 1st 05, 02:11 AM
.oO rach Oo.

Default Falling Down

I am just at 30 weeks today and on my way into the office I fell forward
onto my hands and knees. Other than my bruised ego, the baby still moved
about normally. I did not hit my belly at all but was surprised at the
momentum the baby created in making me fall forward.

Has anyone else had a fall around now and did you go to the hospital or your
doctor or did you just continue on your day? What steps did you take to
ensure not falling again? It just all happened so fast.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old November 1st 05, 04:10 AM
oregonchick

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
.. .
I am just at 30 weeks today and on my way into the office I fell forward
onto my hands and knees. Other than my bruised ego, the baby still moved
about normally. I did not hit my belly at all but was surprised at the
momentum the baby created in making me fall forward.

Has anyone else had a fall around now and did you go to the hospital or
your doctor or did you just continue on your day? What steps did you take
to ensure not falling again? It just all happened so fast.

--
.oO rach Oo.

I took quite a spill about 2 wks ago, at 32 weeks. I didn't do a belly
flop, so I didn't worry. Baby movement was normal, and I didn't have any
lingering pain. But if you want to call your nurses' line, you might feel
better.

Old November 1st 05, 01:29 PM
Zaz

When pregnant with DD, at about 28-29 weeks I took a really bad fall. I fell
on my hands, one knee and my belly hit the pavement really hard.

I worried like hell, not even realising how bad my knee was bleeding. I
called my midwife in panic, but after verifying (over the phone) that my
baby was still moving, she told me to just relax. She said if I perceived
any changes in the baby's movements during the next 24 hours to call her
back, but in the end I didn't and everything was fine.

I still have the scar on my knee to recount the story though!

--

Isabelle
Mom to Mlle C, Nov. 27, 2004

.. .

Old November 1st 05, 04:26 PM
Nikki

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
I am just at 30 weeks today and on my way into the office I fell
forward onto my hands and knees. Other than my bruised ego, the baby
still moved about normally. I did not hit my belly at all but was
surprised at the momentum the baby created in making me fall forward.

Has anyone else had a fall around now and did you go to the hospital
or your doctor or did you just continue on your day? What steps did
you take to ensure not falling again? It just all happened so fast.

I fell down with my first when I was around 35 weeks. Very similarly to
what you describe. Everything felt fine so I didn't go in to the doctor or
anything. I stopped chasing after the dog to ensure I didn't happen again.
I'd like to say running after the dog but lumbering was probably more like
it ;-)

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

The F Crime (#9): F dominoes finally falling? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 9 July 28th 05 01:59 AM
Falling in love Zaz Pregnancy 4 June 11th 04 12:01 AM
Kid falling out of crib--help Jim Beaver Solutions 13 October 12th 03 04:33 PM
hair falling out teapot Breastfeeding 5 September 17th 03 08:45 PM