TWO years today!

Old June 19th 06, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default TWO years today!

I don't post much anymore, since the birth of DD, 2 today, but I read
the group often. I am so excited that I can say that, as of today, I
have breastfed DD for 2 years!!!!! I only BF DS for 19 mos, so I am
very happy about this (he weaned when I was 5 mos pregnant). I'm sad to
say that I think we're getting close to the end of our BF relationship,
but we've had a good run. She's nursing twice a day now, but her
nighttime feeding has gotten really short in the last week, and she
hasn't fallen asleep nursing in awhile. I imagine she'll drop the
bedtime feeding soon, as it's lasting less than 5 minutes, and then she
asks for books and bed. She's still enthusiastic about her morning
"mulk", though, so maybe we still have a little while left. Her new
disinterest in nursing is shocking, since she was such a boob addict up
until recently. Anyway, I just thought I'd post about our exciting
milestone and thank everyone for the great advice I've read for the past
4 years!

Thanks,
Annie
mom to Zach b. 6/19/02 4 yrs old TODAY!
and Grace b. 6/19/04 2 yrs old TODAY!
Old June 19th 06, 10:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Spanannie skrev:
Thanks,
Annie
mom to Zach b. 6/19/02 4 yrs old TODAY!
and Grace b. 6/19/04 2 yrs old TODAY!

Oh dear - what are you doing every year around 12. September??? :-)

Is it hubby's birthday?

I think it's wonderful to see a child wean herself in her own pace.
Think about how peaceful it is for her to be able to grow out of nursing
in her own time.

Good job, Annie.

Tine, Denmark.
Old June 19th 06, 10:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hi Tine,

Everyone asks this same question. Actually, our babies weren't
conceived the traditional method, but, rather, in a doctor's office. I
had inseminations in September a few days apart, but the babies just
happened to come on the same day (with no c-section, pitocin, etc). I
was actually in labor all day of June 18 with DD, but she waited until
early in the morning on her brother's birthday to make her arrival! If
I'd have gone to the the hospital early in labor on the 18th, as
doctor's thought I should, they'd have probably had different birthdays.
I like to wait until the baby is practically falling out, though, to
go to the hospital ;-)

Workingmom wrote:
Spanannie skrev:
Thanks,
Annie
mom to Zach b. 6/19/02 4 yrs old TODAY!
and Grace b. 6/19/04 2 yrs old TODAY!

Oh dear - what are you doing every year around 12. September??? :-)

Is it hubby's birthday?

I agree. I'm glad that she's enjoyed it so much, as have I, and she'll
stop when she's ready. Her dad says that she's ready...but what does he
know?! ;-)

I think it's wonderful to see a child wean herself in her own pace.
Think about how peaceful it is for her to be able to grow out of nursing
in her own time.

Thanks!

Good job, Annie.

Tine, Denmark.

Old June 20th 06, 06:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Spanannie" wrote in message
I don't post much anymore, since the birth of DD, 2 today, but I read the
group often. I am so excited that I can say that, as of today, I have
breastfed DD for 2 years!!!!!

Oh, congrats! Another 10 days and I'll be able to say the same ;-) Two
birthdays at once...wow, that must get hectic.

I only BF DS for 19 mos

lol, I have to remind myself sometimes that 19 months, to the rest of the
world, is an incredibly -long- time. It's only in MKB that something like
that would make any sense. I'm having a giggle imagining your post being
read on, say, babycenter ;-)

, so I am
very happy about this (he weaned when I was 5 mos pregnant). I'm sad to
say that I think we're getting close to the end of our BF relationship,
but we've had a good run. She's nursing twice a day now, but her nighttime
feeding has gotten really short in the last week, and she hasn't fallen
asleep nursing in awhile. I imagine she'll drop the bedtime feeding soon,
as it's lasting less than 5 minutes, and then she asks for books and bed.
She's still enthusiastic about her morning "mulk", though, so maybe we
still have a little while left. Her new disinterest in nursing is
shocking, since she was such a boob addict up until recently.

You might be surprised. My daughter of the same age hasn't been nursing to
sleep for a very, very long time, and she's still having her two feeds a
day. Still more people have continued on one feed a day for another year. I
can't count the number of times I thought my daughter was weaning - I just
go with it now, and don't let it bother me. lol @ mulk.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old June 20th 06, 01:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article ,
Spanannie wrote:

I don't post much anymore, since the birth of DD, 2 today, but I read
the group often. I am so excited that I can say that, as of today, I
have breastfed DD for 2 years!!!!!

Congratulations! Nice to see you!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Old June 20th 06, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Spanannie skrev:
Everyone asks this same question. Actually, our babies weren't
conceived the traditional method, but, rather, in a doctor's office.

I had no two 'made' the same way :-) In October, though, so he's born in
July.

Tine, Denmark
Old June 21st 06, 10:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Spanannie" wrote and I snipped:
I don't post much anymore, since the birth of DD, 2 today, but I read the
group often. I am so excited that I can say that, as of today, I have
breastfed DD for 2 years!!!!!
Anyway, I just thought I'd post about our exciting milestone and thank
everyone for the great advice I've read for the past 4 years!

Thanks,
Annie
mom to Zach b. 6/19/02 4 yrs old TODAY!
and Grace b. 6/19/04 2 yrs old TODAY!

Congrats, Annie. Happy Birthday to Grace. Way to go!

Thanks for checking in.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old June 22nd 06, 04:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Spanannie wrote:
[...]

Wow, congrats, Annie...

Breastfeeding for 2 years, you should get a medal.

My groovy girl was having her 2nd birthday yesterday but too bad I
couldn't breastfeed her that long.

I'm planning to do so with my second child. Hope to conceive next year.

Big hugs,
nessia a.k.a groovy mommy
http://groovymommy.insparenting.com