Re-inventing the Spoon

Old October 12th 07, 02:16 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Re-inventing the Spoon

Flowspoon is a great new baby spoon that is closed on one end with a
hole. It sounds strange, but it works like magic! Because the food is
being sucked out, it goes down without a mess, instead of squishing
out of the baby's mouth. I got a free sample from a friend who is
selling them on Amazon.com. It prevents air from being swallowed with
food. It would be great for infants with GIRD.

Old October 12th 07, 02:56 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Oct 11, 9:16?pm, wrote:
Flowspoon is a great new baby spoon that is closed on one end with a
hole. It sounds strange, but it works like magic! Because the food is
being sucked out, it goes down without a mess, instead of squishing
out of the baby's mouth. I got a free sample from a friend who is
selling them on Amazon.com. It prevents air from being swallowed with
food. It would be great for infants with GIRD.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how it is helpful with GERD.
GERD stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease - reflux being the key
word here. It has nothing to do with eating utensils. I also cannot
picture how attempting to suck a thicker pureed food or chunks of food
through a straw device results in elimination of swallowed air -
sounds completley the opposite to me. A baby eating with any utensil
needs to learn to chew their food and chewing their food takes time,
which in turn results in the body having a moment to tell the brain
when it is full, which I've heard takes around 10 minutes. You can
suck pureed foods down in a matter of 3-4 minutes, resulting in baby
finishing an entire serving of something that they may have otherwise
only consumed half of. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all.
Maybe a novelty for kids eating ice cream for the melted ice cream at
the bottom of the bowl, but not baby food.