I'm getting married...

Old September 4th 04, 03:16 PM
lm

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"CME" wrote in message
newszPZc.87382$X12.38282@edtnps84...
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message

...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't

say
you haven't been warned .

I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at

30
we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with

it,
but it's a comforting feeling.

I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the whole
process doesn't it?

--
Paul Griffiths

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

lm
Old September 4th 04, 03:55 PM
Joelle

In fact, why marry at all?

My experience has been that married is better.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old September 4th 04, 10:30 PM
CME

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

LOL no, I turned 28 in May.

Ah, younger than my two oldest.
They have no desire to marry by a certain age. Why do you?
In fact, why marry at all?

Dennis, married for life, twice!

I suppose I have this notion/feeling/dream that love and marriage equals
another sense of happiness that will enrich my life (seeing as how I have a
few in my life already.) My parents went through some hard times, divorced
once, and then never remarried however they've been 'together' nearly 30
years. I'd like that in my life and I'm hoping I've found it.

Christine

Old September 4th 04, 10:35 PM
CME

"CME" wrote in message
[...]

It was a foreign feeling for me at first. I thought I truly loved my ex but
when I look back and analyze it, it wasn't a healthy sort of love that was
mature and real. I've never totally given myself to someone, just let it be
and risked everything. It's a scary, yet comfortable feeling.

Christine

Old September 4th 04, 10:54 PM
Paul Griffiths

"lm" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

snip

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old September 5th 04, 04:07 AM
Cele

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:54:47 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

snip

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

Me too. [warm smile]

Cele
Old September 5th 04, 04:10 AM
lm

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Cele
wrote:

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:54:47 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

snip

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

Me too. [warm smile]

Cele

OMG you two really need to get a room.

lm, cheering :-)

Old September 5th 04, 04:44 AM
Cele

wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

snip

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

Me too. [warm smile]

Cele

OMG you two really need to get a room.

lm, cheering :-)

HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

(We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)

[chortle]

Cele
Old September 5th 04, 04:51 AM
lm

wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

snip

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

Me too. [warm smile]

Cele

OMG you two really need to get a room.

lm, cheering :-)

HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

(We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)

[chortle]

I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!

A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
I was so happy for you guys!

My boys have been playing with my video camera lately and earlier
today they made a movie of two toy dinosaurs falling in love. So they
get married (officiated by a plastic pokemon character) and start
going at it when he says "kiss the bride." Someone off camera says
"get a room" and the girl dinosaur (son number 2 in falsetto voce)
says "ok" and off they go, and that's the end of the movie.

They're like the early coen brothers. I hope.

lm
Old September 5th 04, 05:37 AM
Cele

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:51:27 GMT, lm
wrote:

I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!

A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
I was so happy for you guys!

Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
working on that.

My boys have been playing with my video camera lately and earlier
today they made a movie of two toy dinosaurs falling in love. So they
get married (officiated by a plastic pokemon character) and start
going at it when he says "kiss the bride." Someone off camera says
"get a room" and the girl dinosaur (son number 2 in falsetto voce)
says "ok" and off they go, and that's the end of the movie.

They're like the early coen brothers. I hope.

LMAO I love it! Well, they seem to have healthy attitudes towards
relationships at some level or other, anyway. :-)

Take care.

Cele