help with FAM: ovulating earlier and earlier

Old May 1st 04, 05:21 AM
Arielle

Default help with FAM: ovulating earlier and earlier

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I'm doing my FAM
charts, having gone off the Pill 4 cycles ago, and each cycle I seem
to be ovulating earlier and earlier--first it was Day 16, then Day 12,
then 11, now 8! Has anyone else experienced this? Does it mean
anything? Does it mean anything that my cycle seems to stay the same
length no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 1st 04, 05:56 AM
toypup

"Arielle" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help me. I'm doing my FAM
charts, having gone off the Pill 4 cycles ago, and each cycle I seem
to be ovulating earlier and earlier--first it was Day 16, then Day 12,
then 11, now 8! Has anyone else experienced this? Does it mean
anything? Does it mean anything that my cycle seems to stay the same
length no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Are you saying your temps stay up for 20 days? In FAM, that would indicate
pg. Something doesn't sound right. What were your temps?

Old May 1st 04, 03:27 PM
Arielle

"toypup" wrote in message news:m6Gkc.6330$kh4.404621@attbi_s52...
"Arielle" wrote in message
om...

ength no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Are you saying your temps stay up for 20 days? In FAM, that would indicate
pg. Something doesn't sound right. What were your temps?

No, I ovulate and have normal temps--lower before ovulation, then
higher until my period. It's just that each cycle my peak day happens
earlier in the cycle, while the overall cycle length stays the same
(so my luteal phase is getting longer and longer, first 12 days, then
13, then 16).
Old May 1st 04, 04:38 PM
Red

My cycle started on the Friday 5th March by Monday 15th I was producing
Ovulation mucus, me and my husband had sex on the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
and now I'm pregnant.

I personally think that every woman is different and most the things you
read on the internet regarding ovulation times at being on the 14th day is
leading a lot of woman into false hope. If your trying for a baby I would
recommend that you listen to what your body is telling you and not what
people say you should do, especially as most of these people are only going
on personal experiences.

"Arielle" wrote in message
om...
"toypup" wrote in message

> [...]
om...

Old May 1st 04, 06:57 PM
toypup

"Arielle" wrote in message
om...
"toypup" wrote in message

> [...]
"Arielle" wrote in message
om...

ength no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Are you saying your temps stay up for 20 days? In FAM, that would

indicate
pg. Something doesn't sound right. What were your temps?

No, I ovulate and have normal temps--lower before ovulation, then
higher until my period.

But if your temps go up after ovulation and you ovulate on day 8 and get
your period on day 28, then your temps are up for 20 days. Doesn't TCOYF
say temps that stay up for 16 days indicate pg? Can you post the temps?

Old May 1st 04, 10:19 PM
Amy

"toypup" wrote in message

"Arielle" wrote in message
om...
"toypup" wrote in message

> [...]
"Arielle" wrote in message
om...

ength no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Are you saying your temps stay up for 20 days? In FAM, that would

indicate
pg. Something doesn't sound right. What were your temps?

No, I ovulate and have normal temps--lower before ovulation, then
higher until my period.

But if your temps go up after ovulation and you ovulate on day 8 and get
your period on day 28, then your temps are up for 20 days. Doesn't TCOYF
say temps that stay up for 16 days indicate pg? Can you post the temps?

I thought that 16-17 days of high temps meant pg too. I have had irregular
cycles, but _never_ 17 days of high temps without being pg.

Old May 2nd 04, 12:57 AM
Mary W.

Amy wrote:
"toypup" wrote in message
> [...]

"Arielle" wrote in message
.com...

"toypup" wrote in message

> [...]

"Arielle" wrote in message
le.com...

ength no matter what--about 26-28 days?

Are you saying your temps stay up for 20 days? In FAM, that would

indicate

pg. Something doesn't sound right. What were your temps?

No, I ovulate and have normal temps--lower before ovulation, then
higher until my period.

But if your temps go up after ovulation and you ovulate on day 8 and get
your period on day 28, then your temps are up for 20 days. Doesn't TCOYF
say temps that stay up for 16 days indicate pg? Can you post the temps?

I thought that 16-17 days of high temps meant pg too. I have had irregular
cycles, but _never_ 17 days of high temps without being pg.

Before my first pregnancy, I routinely had a 16 day luteal phase without
being pregnant (which is a bit on the long side). When my cycle returned
after DD, I had a regular 14 day luteal phase.

I thing TCOYF states 18 days of high temps is likely a pregnancy. I
admit, my 16 day luteal phase had me a bit concerned (and it took
nearly a year to get pregnant). Just as we were starting some testing,
I got pregnant and the issue went away.

Mary

Having an earlier scan Amy Pregnancy 2 April 2nd 04 01:06 AM
Why do some deliver earlier than EDD? ted Pregnancy 19 January 26th 04 02:08 AM
How do I get my child to go to sleep earlier than 10:30 in the evening? Rebecca General (moderated) 2 September 29th 03 08:54 PM