poll on babies after having high-needs baby

Old March 10th 09, 05:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
MarieD[_2_]

Default poll on babies after having high-needs baby

If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were any of
them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my third was
high-needs. I think that scares me most about having another baby. I'm not
pregnant but I am thinking about it, but I'm just really scared. My third
baby was so hard for me and I had a nice two/three year depression while
dealing with her. She's 6.5 now and the main reason I've not had more is
because I worry about going through that again. If I did decide to get
pregnant(and it actually work, I'm older and it took a year last time), it
would be at least a year from now, after the economy is better and dh's job
is stable again.

--
Marie
~The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of

Old March 10th 09, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Nope. My third high-needs wore me out. There is no way I would have another.
However, it doesn't mean that a 4th would be that way, just like your other
two and my other two are not the same.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 10th 09, 09:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were any
of them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my third
was high-needs. I think that scares me most about having another baby. I'm
not pregnant but I am thinking about it, but I'm just really scared. My
third baby was so hard for me and I had a nice two/three year depression
while dealing with her. She's 6.5 now and the main reason I've not had
more is because I worry about going through that again. If I did decide to
get pregnant(and it actually work, I'm older and it took a year last
time), it would be at least a year from now, after the economy is better
and dh's job is stable again.

I've heard that often if someone has a high needs or clingy baby that seems
to often be the last one for them. I don't know if these people that I've
heard this from had decided on X amount of children or X amount of
girls/boys or whatever when they had the high needs one by chance, but it
just seems to be not uncommon for the high needs one to be the last one.
I know I am the oldest and I have 2 younger brothers. My youngest brother
was the clingy, high needs, spoiled one and he was also the last.
With me, DD2 was and still is a Velcro baby. DS and DD1 aren't at all. DD2
is. I ended up with DD3, though, but that was NOT at all planned! She's
not old enough to tell if she is needy, high needs, clingy or any special
circumstance baby as of yet.
I also had a fair bit of PPD after DD1 was born. Before DD1 was 6 months
old, I was pg with DD2. I dealt with the PPD from DD1 and had it again,
although not as bad, after DD2 was born. 2 years and a couple months later,
with DD3, I haven't had the issues with PPD.
I will NOT have another one, though. High needs or not, I am NOT having any
more after DD3!
Ok, now with my scatterbrain kinda in motion, I don't know if that all makes
any sense at all or not. Or if I'm just rambling on and getting totally off
the topic

Old March 10th 09, 10:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"MarieD" wrote in message ...
[...]

Heh, I've had similar thoughts too. I always wanted 3 kids, but #2 is
proving to be a real mummy's boy... the colic and his general mummy-ness is
a real trial, and he hates everyone but me and DD, but we're getting there.
DD was, and is, a real independant little lady, but Kieran wants his mum
24/7! That said, we are making progress, but the thought of these two and
another clingy baby is scary.... but, I think I will regret it if I don't
have another. I've definitely had PND this time round, but I'm hoping that
once they're all bigger, it'll be easy to see it was all worth it - the way
I see it, I wouldn't swap either of them, no matter what, and I guess #I'd
feel the same about #3 - still scary as hell tho!

Lucy xx

Old March 11th 09, 03:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

I should say that my high-needs is now 12 and she still wears me out.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old March 11th 09, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

MarieD wrote:
If you had a high-needs baby, and went on to have more children, were
any of them high-needs also? I had two who weren't high-needs, then my

My second was a high-needs baby. I am thankful that my 3rd and 4th were
both easy babies as ordered.

--Betsy

Gender of baby question/poll/opinion. Shelley Pregnancy 38 February 3rd 05 08:11 PM
Baby Name Poll :) Sophie Pregnancy 23 May 12th 04 01:47 PM
poll: birth sign and personality of your babies Lily Pregnancy 6 February 16th 04 06:22 PM
[RESULTS] First baby labor poll Circe Pregnancy 9 September 14th 03 12:53 AM
shortest age between babies poll trainerincalif Breastfeeding 22 August 30th 03 08:31 PM